Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Activate Navigation

I have a pic of my system info but don't know how to get it here, lol
  2. D

Activate Navigation

OK, I see (sorry, I suck at forums, lol) I'm at 4.29 I just updated mine last Friday. I also don't have the navigation version under the CCPU s/w verion
  3. D

Activate Navigation

Hey Peter... Yes, CCPU S/W version 4.29.12285
  4. D

Activate Navigation

Hey everyone! Reading a lot and you tubing about activating my Nav on my 13 limited using forscan. Having issues understanding a few things. I've updated my sync 2 to the latest, version 4.29.12285 can I still activate? And, do I need to install another file (I think a png patch)? Thanks for any...
  5. D

Show me your wheels?

New to me 13 limited... And I color coordinated!
  6. D

Specific lights 13 limited

Thank you for that info!
  7. D

Thanks for that info!
  8. D

Cool, thanks Peter!
  9. D

Lol, can't figure out how to pm
  10. D

Transmission High RPM Shift?

Thank you Peter, it shifts fine when I'm about 1/4 throttle. Its about 1/2 way down it shifts high. Just weird
  11. D

Transmission High RPM Shift?

OK, hope I'm in the right place..... I'm use to my 94 explorer and it's shift patterns. Is in normal when you accelerate with half throttle for it to shift at about 4,000 rpm? That just seems high to me. The only time my 94 shifted that high or a little higher was when i was to the floor! I'm...
  12. D

5w-30

It's not a thickness, it's viscosity which means resistance to flow! Why would you want your oil In a newer tighter engine to resist flow? Short term, no issues, long term, not good on the engine. If your gonna change to a higher viscosity, do it when your motor has higher miles because your...
  13. D

Brake Life

Actually, fronts wear faster. It's about a 60/40 pressure ratio. 60 front 40 rear. The rears wear faster when you have sticky calipers, usually from not using your parking brake.
  14. D

5w-30

There is absolutely no problem with using what ya got! Just switch back next change. The 5 is what the oil will flow like @ 0* and the 20 or 30 is the viscosity it will hold at normal operating temps
  15. D

Starting problems

Hope thats all it is brotha!
  16. D

Starting problems

Batteries can go bad at any time. Don't depend on your alternator to charge it, they weren't designed to charge the battery, just maintain the state of charge. Have your battery charged and tested. The other possibility is there might be an electrical short
  17. D

Weird noise coming from right front

Did you resurface your rotors when you changed your brake pads? The rust ridges on the inner and outer part of the rotors will cause this
  18. D

I'll look into it, thanks
  19. D

Thank you Peter for your reply. Your higher end kits ARE designed to be put into halogen housings I'm not afraid of the legalities of it, I know for a fact I would never be cited for upgrading my headlights because no officer would ever know that my explorer didn't come that way! Some of your...
  20. D

New to forum

OK, thanks
  21. D

Hi all, I'm new to forum as of a little while ago. I would like to hear from those of you who have changed your headlights to either the Diode Dynamics HID kit or the Sylvania Zxe's and what you think. I'm not interested in LED or any others. Thanks for any replies.
  22. D

New to forum

Thanks for the reply! I converted my Harley streetglide to hid and absolutely love it. I don't want to have to add any relays or load equalizers because the power draw is lighter so I don't get any errors.
  23. D

New to forum

Hello all! Just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself, my name is Danny and I just purchase a 2013 Explorer Limited. I'm not new to explorer though, I moved up. I had a 94 Eddie Bauer with a 3" lift, 31X10.50/15's and Warn manual lock outs. I had it for 17yrs and put it through the...
Back