• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 20190130_032142~2.jpg

20190130_032142~2.jpg

2. 20160702_121227.jpg

20160702_121227.jpg

3. Gilbert M Vega

Where does the fit?

I found this cover with a part #2449583R on the floor of my 2018 Sport behind the drivers seat on the the 2nd seat floor. Any ide where this cover goes? Thanks.
  4. Gilbert M Vega

High Temperature "sport" Decal

I'm going to paint the calipers on my Sport red and I'm looking for a hi-temp silver decal. I've asked a couple of dealers on eBay but no positive response yet. Anyone aware of a source? Thanks. Gilbert
  5. Gilbert M Vega

Help me decide on a color for a 2019 Sport

As far as I'm concerned, black is the only color for a Sport. Blends well the blacked out trim standard on Sports.
  6. Gilbert M Vega

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

Travel at a little over speed limit.
  7. Gilbert M Vega

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

How long does the "break-in" take? I have 6500 miles in my year old Sport and the best highway mileage is less than 20 mpg. About 17 mpg in town.
  8. Gilbert M Vega

My XSport's Home

It is. Even though it is a 3 car 800 sqft garage, the cabinets across the front reduced front space by 20" and I leave almost 4 ' on the back so the rear lift gate can open when garage door is closed. There is even more of a space problem with the Lightning behind the Sport.
  9. Gilbert M Vega

My XSport's Home

My Explorer and Lightning's home.
  10. 20190126_154159~2

20190126_154159~2

11. Gilbert M Vega

Questions on different driving modes

Thanks! That's what I was looking for.
  12. Gilbert M Vega

Questions on different driving modes

Does anyone know what specifically changes when one selects the several driving modes? I tried the sand mode today and it seems to make the Explorer more responsive as well as improved acceleration. What changes on each mode? Thanks.
  13. Gilbert M Vega

How many miles does your 5th gen Explorer have?

2018 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost. 6+ months old 2,900 miles.
  14. Gilbert M Vega

Can you patch this?

First thing I do when I buy a new auto is to go to Discount Tire and buy their replavement warranty. For less than the cost of 1 tire, I have 100% replacement
  15. Gilbert M Vega

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

No, the "3.5L TWIN TURBO" badge has been added.
  16. Gilbert M Vega

My blacked out Explorer

Buying original Ford parts could get expensive. Have you thought about having the parts wrapped in gloss black film. This would also allow you to go back to original when you sold it. I wrapped the Ford emblem on mine.
  17. Gilbert M Vega

Can Signature Lights be Brightened?

What's required to recode them for full bright?
  18. Gilbert M Vega

Yes, it looks the same. What I meant to say is that others cars, Chevy, etc, the lights above the headlight are very visible during the daylight. My wife was following me in the Ex yesterday and I could barely barely tell they were on in the daylight.
  19. Gilbert M Vega

I have a 2018 Sport and just noticed that the eyebrow light above the headlight doesn't have a row of leds as I've seen on other cars. It appears to have an led on each end of the eyebrow and is not readily visible during the day (drl's on). Is this correct?
  20. Gilbert M Vega

DIY: Front License Plate Bracket Removal!

Would it hurt performance if the plate was installed in the open area below the current mounting location?
  21. Gilbert M Vega

Rear hatch window??

Is the ability to lift the rear hatch glass window an option on a 2018 Explorer? Thanks.
  22. Gilbert M Vega

Camera Washer Not Working

I have assumed that the washer fluid is supplied from the front windshield washer fluid tank. Is that correct?
  23. Gilbert M Vega

Intake Temps and Boost Questions

Does a tune increase the torque level to match that of the 3.5 ecoboost on the F150 (400+)?
  24. Gilbert M Vega

Hood Deflector

I was thinking of getting a clear deflector and painting the rear with black spray paint but decided to go with a clear paint protection. Had it applied on 18" of hood, fenders, bumper, A pillars, mirrors and door handle cups. After watching it done, I applied the film to the headlights and...
Back