Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2002 Explorer Coolant question

I have an 02 Explorer XLS and I noticed a funny smell burning from the engine the other day. The vehicle started to run a little hot this morning so I parked it and checked to see that there is no coolant in the reservoir and I assume it was coolant leaking that I was smelling. In the bottom...
  2. S

Need help identifying sensor and brake issues

I have been having brake fluid leak out of my 02 V6 Explorer for a few weeks now and have been adding fluid as needed. There appears to be fluid leaking around this sensor in front of the brake booster. Can someone tell me what this sensor is and if there is anything else I should know or look...
  3. S

2002 Explorer Oil Pan replacement

my engine in mine is the V6
  4. S

mine is the 2WD version. Any idea of what this should cost me?
  5. S

I took my 02 Explorer this weekend for an oil change and they told me that the oil pan was rusting and needed replaced. Before I take this to get an estimate I wanted to check and see how difficult of a job this is and about what price I should expect to pay to replace the pan. Thanks in advance
  6. S

Brake help needed with 02 Explorer

I have an 02 Explorer that recently started having some brake issues. Everything seemed fine until yesterday, when I came home from work, I would have to press the brake pedal a couple inches deeper than normal to stop. I took the vehicle in to a local brake shop this morning and they quoted...
Back