Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

New member from Lakeland, FL

Welcome aboard from Tampa, FL! Congrats on the new ride.
  2. G

New in FL

Welcome from Tampa!
  3. G

New from FL

Welcome from Tampa/Clearwater here!
  4. G

Top 5 Mods for a Sport

Probably the main reason they aren't aggressive in tuning is the fact that a majority of the customer base is soccer moms so being aggressive doesn't make a lot of sense. That being said they do realize there is some gain potentials, and market it as their "ST" version for those who do want...
  5. G

2018 Dad-mobile

Welcome, and congratulations on the little one!
  6. G

Explorer Sport newbie

Stage II from Livernois will make you really appreciate it... Welcome!
  7. G

Livernois tune questions

So I had a question regarding the 93 tune. I had tuned mine with the 87 for about 4k miles now, and when I first tuned it the transmission relearned and there were firm shift for the specified time frame. This week when I tuned from 87 to 93 it seemed like the transmission didn't relearn, and it...
  8. G

2020 ST ordered

Nice, and I have the magnetic here (2015) and love the color. Now that they have so much plastic trim on them it accents the darkness with the magnetic color. Congrats on the ST!
  9. G

Fuse Box, Radar Detector Hard Wire etc (again)

So I've been down this road as well. Started with a mirror tap that worked, but over time would "come" out due to vibrations. Started to get to the point where I would be watching the radar to make sure it was still working so I went to an hard wire install done by a professional shop. Probably...
  10. G

New Explorer Driving Impression

LOL! I thought the same thing...
  11. G

New Explorer Driving Impression

I had a 2005 with a V8 similar to your 2008, but now have a 2015 with the 3.5EB. Do yourself a favor, and give a Sport a try. You will regret it if you don't. As far as a 3.5 N/A my wife has an Edge with the 3.5 N/A, and every time I drive that thing I dread it. That being said prior to owning...
  12. G

2016+ low speed surging

Yeah they added a piece of plastic over the fins on the intercooler to block airflow. Seemed to be more prevalent in moist climates as well.
  13. G

Hello from Naples, Florida

Welcome from Tampa/Clearwater! 2015 Explorer Sport here, and definitely a fun ride.
  14. G

Borla Cat-back install on my 2014 Explorer Sport

Yeah I've watched this, and still kind of on the fence. Hard to make a six cylinder sound "meaty", and not end up with the raspy tin can sound.
  15. G

Borla Cat-back install on my 2014 Explorer Sport

Nice write up on the exhaust. I'm on the fence about doing this on mine since I still want to keep it a quiet ride. What are your thoughts on the setup? Any drone in the cabin? Can you post a audio clip of the final product?
  16. G

Greetings from Central Florida

Welcome! 2015 Sport here as well, and located in Clearwater/Tampa. Any plans on modding the Sport? Really wakes them up with a tune and bolt on modifications.
  17. G

2014 ford explorer won't start,

Worth a shot but can you do the reset? Here is the manual: Battery Replacement If the vehicle battery is replaced, it is very important to perform the BMS Reset using a diagnostic scan tool. If the BMS Reset is not carried out, it holds the old battery parameters and time in service counter...
  18. G

New to us 2013 Explorer Sport

That escalated quickly...
  19. G

Livernois T460

Running Stage II here, and I would think the downpipes would be more beneficial than the exhaust upgrade. Are you wanting to change the sound of the vehicle with the exhaust?
  20. G

2018 Explorer SPORT tune and exhaust?

PPE I think produces a set for the Explorer. Don't know if they do the 2018 though. I have Livernois on mine, and really woke it up.
  21. G

New guy, new to forums too. - Mismatched Mirrors?

Welcome, and I agree with Shucker1. I would be throwing a fit if I bought a new Explorer, and the thing had mismatching mirrors!
  22. G

Hello all

Welcome! Ford family here as well.
Back