Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

No foglights, marker lights, taillights or cluster lights....

...and here's one more for you. The same manual that provided me with the correct I/P fuse panel diagram, also provided this main distribution box schematic: Only my main distribution box looks like this one: Notice the discrepancy at the relay #48 position...the manual indicates only one...
  2. D

No Autolamp feature...just a plain old mirror. Can't recall if the FOB has a panic feature...it's out in the garage with the truck right now. The lights do flash when you unlock the doors or reconnect the battery though, I know that. They would also flash as such before I put the new fuse in the...
  3. D

Ok...so I am pretty happy to report that I have finally solved this maddening mystery and restored my tail lights, dash lights, tag lights and parking lights. The actual solution was not what I was expecting, and it took a lot of research. As you know, I have been searching for the elusive park...
  4. D

So all of your thoughts are good ones, and I appreciate your time more than I can say. I will most likely begin the chase as you've suggested here very soon. One thing still bothers me though...I have been comparing all the relay module diagrams and pictures that we have posted here. I believe...
  5. D

There has to be someone on this earth who has changed a park lamp relay in a 2001 Explorer Sport...(sigh).
  6. D

There is no relay module inside my jack compartment. There is basically nothing in there at all. I cannot see another module behind the instrument cluster either. I haven't pulled it all the way out, but have shined a light back there and can't really see anything.
  7. D

The one in the rear is located inside the tire jack compartment. The one I'm referring to seems to be located behind the instrument cluster.
  8. D

Relay module #1 above looks a lot like the picture I posted in my previous post...If that's it, then the park lamp relay is not there. Relay module #4 below shows the park lamp relay housed within. This module seems to be somewhere in the instrument panel. That's where I'm off to next...
  9. D

I suppose I will have to remove the box to see which socket has the tan/white wire(s) leading to it. There's no way to definitively know by just looking at the front.
  10. D

Here is the box in my driver's footwell with the config I'm talking about. I electrically tested the four F57B relays as you have described (energizing the coil; testing for resistance). I then rotated them just to cover all possibilities. I also replaced the larger square relay (black one...
  11. D

So I found the box you referred to. The relay config is not exactly as the one you posted, but similar. I meter-tested each small relay and even rotated them in the box. Still no lights...I am nearly out of my mind with this problem.
  12. D

Thank you very much for your response. I will have a go at it tomorrow and let you know. I appreciate your time. Dennis
  13. D

Hello all...I am new to the forum and desperately need help. I have the problem as described above in the subject line with my 2001 Explorer Sport. I have all the typical symptoms...no lights as described above, but my headlights, brake lights, turn signals and interior dome lights all work...
Back