Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

AC temperature adjustment

Any ideas? I'd really appreciate any suggestions. 100+ degree weather has motivated me to try and get this figured out
  2. J

AC temperature adjustment

Hi all, 2004 EB with Dual zone AC recently started acting up. Drivers side will not blow cold air when set to 60 degrees it's just a little cool. In contrast, the passenger side blows icy cold air when set to 60 but seems to go from cold to hot with little variation in between when turning up...
  3. J

Cooling system hoses. There's a bunch of them..

Anyone know of an online resource that is available to take a look at diagrams/illustrations in order to determine Ford part numbers for cooling system hoses? Most of my hoses are starting to get pretty hard and while they aren't leaking I think it's time to swap them out. All in all I see 11...
  4. J

HOW TO: Front left differential seal replacement?

Thank you very much for the info! All it takes is a little fundamental guidance for me to get the courage to try something I haven't gotten into. All in all pretty straight forward and easy job. I already had the streering knuckle pulled off the truck, so as you had mentioned I think it made the...
  5. J

Oh no, PIZZA be hacked....too funny

Guess I was had, LOL. April Fools!
  6. J

Oh no, PIZZA be hacked....too funny

For those looking a bit miffed, some smart arse has replaced every 'T H E' with PIZZA. Annoying but too funny at pizza same time. UPDATE: I'm the dumbass today :)
  7. J

HOW TO: Front left differential seal replacement?

I'm pretty good about scouring forums before posting a question that may have been asked several times before....SO, if I missed an article that exists please point me in that direction..... I began replacing front ball joints today and notice that front drivers side differential seal is...
  8. J

Replacing front ball joints. Anything else while it' apart?

Just the outters I assume? I've never replaced an inner before but I do see them listed....
  9. J

Replacing front ball joints. Anything else while it' apart?

Got up the courage to take on replacing front upper/lower ball joints myself after reading the great how-to's here. Is there anything else y'all would recommend I either check or replace while I've got things apart? I'd rather spend a little extra now than have to take her back apart again...
  10. J

04 Explorer Front Struts PLEASE HELP ASAP.....I'm stuck!!

Just removed the front stuts on my 04 Explorer Eddie Bauer with absolutely no problems. I was able to remove by unbolting the top 3 13mm bolts and the bottom main strut bolt. Exchange the strut spring to new strut and for the life of me I can't get the strut to go back up in to remount. What am...
  11. J

04 EB Steering Wheel controls acting up

For awhile now when pressing the Volume +/- on the steering wheel the radio will actually change stations instead of adjusting volume. For awhile it would actually do something random but consistently now changes the channel. Any ideas what the problem is, what is needed to troubleshoot, or what...
  12. J

Anyone replaced their own struts?

Mine were starting to get loud. I had 1 front bearing that was REALLY bad. I can tell it's noticeably quieter at highway speeds now that all 4 hubs have been replaced. I chose to do all 4 now while I have the time rather than waiting for the inevitable to happen over time.
  13. J

Anyone replaced their own struts?

Wanted to know how difficult it is to replace front/rear struts from someone who's done it. I see that Monroe makes QuickStruts with the spring already installed on the kit. I consider myself pretty capable of doing most jobs on my own but I've only been able to find a couple references within...
  14. J

Rear console vent always blows hot air

If I turn off the air all together then no hot air comes out of the center console vents for the rear seat. The front air and the rear overhead heat/ac work great independent of each other. It's just those little vents in the rear of the console that blow hot air all the time.
  15. J

Rear console vent always blows hot air

2004 EB Explorer equipped with dual front controls and the overhead rear AC. The back seat vents the blow out rear center console (under the armrest) always blow hot air regardless of front/rear temp settings. Anyone else experience this problem or have a recommended fix? My poor kids are...
  16. J

Best replacement spark plugs?

I'm at 60K miles on my 2004 EB AWD 4.6 SOHC and I'm going to be going through doing all of the standard maintenance I do at 60K on all of my vehicles. Belt change, Spark plug, spark plug wireset, fluid and filter change. I'm wondering which 'if any' is the most recommended spark plug for this...
  17. J

04 Air Conditioner question

Is it possible to do a visual inspection of the vacuum motor unit or is this something best left to the dealer?
  18. J

04 Air Conditioner question

2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L w/27K miles. Recently while driving my AC stops blowing out of the dash panels and begins blowing only out of the defrost when going up sharp hills. The air slowly begins to fade out as the truck pulls harder and I accelerate more while going uphill until it only...
  19. J

2004 Explorer questions....

Hello, This is my first post here. I just purchases a 2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer edit. 4.6L V-8. It has the optional towing package and 3.73 gearing. Does anyone know if this vehicle came with an oil or transmission cooler stock? I've seen some posts here referencing problems with trannys due...
Back