Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

2008 Explorer -- Worried About Transmission. Any advice?

It feels pretty good, but I guess if there is something I can do preventatively, I am down to spend a bit of money now if it helps later. Do you think the dropping the pan and new fluid would help or at this point it is a bit of a waste?
  2. G

So I called my local mechanic, and he's been rock solid for my family on a variety of cars. I asked him what he would recommend and he said basically what you said "drop the pan, change filter and new fluid -- not a flush" so I think I'm in the right place. I guess I am just wondering how much I...
  3. G

What do you mean by "Fords 150,000 drain is crazy"?
  4. G

Is the pan drop, filter change something that I should have done at FORD or can an independent mechanic handle it? Also, what is the recommended service interval for this transmission? I'm seen everything from "only service at 150,000 miles" to the standard "every 30,000 miles" online.
  5. G

Hey folks. I have an '08 Explorer that I purchased new. It has 140,000 miles at present. I am admittedly not a "car guy" but I have had the oil changed every 3,000 miles and tried to be diligent about getting things fixed as needed. As a result, the truck has been good to me thus far. Here's the...
Back