Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2005 Mustang GT wheels

Does anyone know if the 2005 Mustang GT wheels will fight on my 2000 XLT AWD? Thank You
  2. B

Something draining battery?

Its both. It doesent matter how long after the engines been shut off. Providing my battery hasnt drained yet, they will roll down hours even a day or two after the last shut off.
  3. B

Something draining battery?

Hello, I purchased a 2000 XLT 5.0 a few months back. About a week after I bought it I installed an indash DVD/LCD monitor. Now, I had only had the explorer a week so I dont remember if this happened before the install, but afterwards the door chime goes off regardless if I have the key in...
  4. B

Motorcraft plug wires

What do you mean "Hung" properly?
  5. B

Motorcraft plug wires

$186.00 ! Are you serious? Why so much? Does anyone know if the Bosch set sold at Autozone would be any good?
  6. B

Motorcraft plug wires

Does anyone know how much a dealership would charge me for a set of Motorcraft plug wires for my 2000 5.0? Thanks
  7. B

In-dash DVD/LCD monitor

Hello, I ordered an in-dash dvd player and lcd monitor for my 2000 XLT 4-door non-premium explorer. Before I even take out the factory HU, what will I need to install it? You can find a picture of the back of the 2 units by going to - http://ai-electronics.net/ebay/av-297/images/addpic4_big.jpg
  8. B

Running board rust removal

Hello, I just purchased a 2000 XLT 5.0. Its spotless except for some surface rust on the running boards. I've never done this before, so I was wondering what is the best way to remove the rust and repaint it? I have pictures, but for some reason I cant upload them to my post? Thanks
  9. B

Towing capabilities

Obviously all the responeses pertain to the 4.0, but what if I was to get the 5.0?
  10. B

Towing capabilities

Hello, I was wondering if its possible for a "97-"01 4-door 4WD 4.0 SOHC Explorer to tow a car with a trailer, not a dolly. The car weighs about 3,200 lbs. and if it matters i'd be towing it about 900 miles. Thank You
  11. B

Rebuild 1997 5.0

I found a 1997 Explorer 5.0 in perfect condition, no rust or anything for $2500. The problem is the mileage is 186,000. What would the average cost be for someone to rebuild the engine and transmission for me? Would it even be worth it? Thank You.
Back