Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Battery light, engine "tone"

Thank you very much!
  2. P

BlueDriver OBDII (got some codes)

It does work in mine... but the code is still there. Anyway, besides the keep-your-keys-around protocol, that code is less relevant than the others he's having.
  3. P

I forgot something important: I live in the chilean Patagonia ... it's difficult here to get things like OE parts
  4. P

Well... I took the alternator to a shop. They told me that the voltage regulator was failing, and also one of the brushes was broke. Now I'm searching for options to fix it, since I can't find a OE replacement around here :(
  5. P

BlueDriver OBDII (got some codes)

B1352: Ignition key in circuit fault I have this one since I bought the car... it's nothing to worry about.
  6. P

well, I was resting in my laurels too early. The battery light came back, the engine tone is normal tho, but the light stay on. It flickers a bit when revving up to 2500 rpm, but just a tiny bit. Multimeter and battery tester both shows good charging (14.6v) at the battery post and at the...
  7. P

So, after the battery got fully charged (took 20 hours at 1 amp), the battery light turned off and the car started and regain it's regular 'tone'. I didn't know that the battery light also signals battery problems, used to be only alternator. I wonder if the battery was so low that the PCM...
  8. P

Wil check the pulley once I get the battery ready. Thanks
  9. P

Hello, my wife took our 96 explorer today, she left the lights on for more than an hour but the car started without a problem. But on the way back home she noticed the battery light ON. On arrival, I notice the light of course but also a different sound on the engine tone at idle... like...
  10. P

No electrical connection to EVAP charcoal canister

It is a 96 OHV 4.0. I have this truck for the last 3 years, actually there is no code at all. The only warning (at least with Forscan) comes from that particular report showed in the screenshot (EVAPCPF EVAPVM_F) but no code neither a check engine light. I only have the scanner interface for 2...
  11. P

I'm really out of ideas atm. I'll take the car to the shop and lift it to have a better POV of the frame and all the stuff that's running there, but atm is like the cord doesn't exist.
  12. P

The cord isn't there... Can't even find a trace of it under the car... Weird.
  13. P

Thank you very much Donalds. I'll look into it right away. Maybe the cord is hidden up in the frame, I don't know, I'll take a look and report back. Thank you very much again.
  14. P

Oh! Thank you very much. Here we are "having fun" with some heat waves reaching up to 40ºC (104F)... :P Indeed you can catch a glimpse without jacking the car but either way, dropping the spare is need to get to the canister. Thank you again!
  15. P

According to the workshop manual there is an electrical connector referred as "canister vent solenoid hose"... but no sign of it under my car. Does anyone knows from where the cable runs?
  16. P

Hi, I am checking the charcoal canister on my 96 ex ohv since I get a fault in the vapour purge according to Forscan. No code or warning light tho. What I found was that this canister has some kind of a valve or solenoid but no electrical connector attached. Neither can I found a cable to...
  17. P

Oil leak coming from front of the engine

Front diff vent is around, have you checked the hose?it has a white plastic cap at the end to vent the pressure from the front diff, it clogs and then you have something like an oil spill. Mine is also splashing oil in the same spot, I know I have to clean that vent hose but you know... Not...
  18. P

96 ford explorer optional "sport seat"

Mine has that on the driver side (sport 96 OHV). The passenger side has a regular seat with lumbar support.
  19. P

4.0 pushrod coolant leak

@ND Ford where and how are you measuring the coolant loss? At the radiator cap or the reservoir bottle?
  20. P

5.0 L Windsor Engine Ticks

I do have a similar ticking sound when cold starting the truck (1996 4L OHV)... it lasts only while the engine is cold, and even when it's cold, it stops when engaging the transmission (from Park to Drive or Reverse). Reading this thread made me think that it could be the same issue, but mine...
  21. P

Door ajar dash light

The switch is listed as a "door jamb relay" on Amazon. Motorcraft SW6409 Door Jamb Relay https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IYLZ4I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Tq7YCbF26DDNR This one worked with my 96 sport. Took me a long to to figure it out.
  22. P

Pulley squeak

OE tensioner has a wear indicator.. So to speak. But the belt will squeak if the tensioner doesn't have the correct force applied, it could also "slap" back and forth. Also the tensioner can be in good shape but the bearings of the pulley can be shot producing a subtle grinding noise, it should...
Back