Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Stiff-armed by the dealer on a warranty issue

Chaz - Yeah, I thought about naming them, but let's skip it. I will say that if you're in Tacoma, you probably don't need to worry unless you like driving 45+ plus minutes to a dealership. Cheers.
  2. K

Update and some comments. I had a meeting with the Service Manager on Tuesday. I made the same case as in the OP. At no point was he listening to me. He was just letting me talk so he could tell me no. Also, the Ford 800 line closed my complaint, didn't call or email me with the results, and...
  3. K

blwnsmoke, would you please amplify your response to bigtexan99? Starting with what's a PIU? Sorry, but I'm a noob to the Explorer world.
  4. K

Hi 713 - yeah I must be confused about DTC handling. I don't see how any "diagnostic" system would clear the DTC of such a failure (AWD off-line) no matter now many times it cycled. Is there a definitive source (that I can access) that defines how DTCs are handled by Ford?
  5. K

Hi Tex, I checked the door label and don't see a mfg date. But in any case, that's just an FYI to me, right? I don't think it makes any difference to resolving this issue, but maybe I'm missing the point?
  6. K

Hey - thanks to all for your input. It will be considered! After more thought, I'm convinced something isn't right here. When I talked to the service manager he kept trying to insist that the "service" indicator light had been turned on prior to the failure. It wasn't and I couldn't understand...
  7. K

My 2016 Platinum Explorer burned up its PTU fluid to the point that the control system shut down the AWD function (44K miles.) So, they put in new fluid and charged me $358. Based on my reading of the warranty, this should be covered. To net it out, the warranty says it does not cover “(1)...
Back