Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. lotzatoys

Navigation instructions over radio won't turn off

I have the MFT system without the factory navigation option. Over the past few days, I started getting turn by turn navigation instructions over the radio. I took the following steps to resolve the problem. 1. Turned off bluetooth on my phone. It appears that the MFT is trying to...
  2. lotzatoys

Sport 170* Thermostat Questions

That makes sense. I'm interested in purchasing the Livernois 93 tune but I don't think I would opt for the thermostat based on your feedback.
  3. lotzatoys

Sport 170* Thermostat Questions

I'm coming from the Fox Mustang world where for a long time changing the stock thermostat out for a 160 or 180 degree aftermarket part was a universally accepted as a worthwhile modification. There's not many people now who would recommend going below a 180 since the consensus is that the...
  4. lotzatoys

Highest Mileage 5th Generation Explorer

I might be off base. I'm away for work so I can't go look underneath and see for sure. I do happen to have the VIN with me so I plugged it into a Ford parts website and came up with the two selections for a PTU. It gives two choices for a PTU, one with a cooler and one without. It says the...
  5. lotzatoys

No, it's just a plain 'ol gearbox
  6. lotzatoys

It started out with an odor, and then eventually turned into a humming noise under acceleration. I found about the need to change the PTU oil too late to be of any help to the original unit.
  7. lotzatoys

My 2014 Sport has a little over 106,000 miles. The only major repair its had so far is a replacement of the PTU at 102K miles.
Back