Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Fog light wiring harness question

Ok, at the local junk yard I found the headlight switch assembly with the fog light setting (pull to turn on) and the fog lights and the bumper bezels. Anybody know if my XLT that has never had fog lights should be pre-wired already? Thanks in advance.
  2. U

Fog light wiring harness question

My '02 does not have (and never has had) fog lights. Accordingly, the interior headlight switch does not have a fog light position. Does anybody know if the wiring harness I have has the fog light wires already? I'm thinking of finding some used factory fog lights and the proper switch, but...
  3. U

02 Explorer XLS 4.0 4WD - A few questions and issues

4wd not engaging sounds very much like the 4x4 Module may be bad. I recently bought an 02 XLT and had the same issue. 4wd would not engage and none of dash 4wd lights would come on (at switch). No clicking or anything either. I took a chance and just replaced the 4x4 Module located behind...
  4. U

Moderate Tire Upgrade - Help ??

After considering some on-road/off-roads like BF Goodrich KO2's I finally came to my senses and went with Michelin Defender M/S in 245/75R16. 1 size up in both dimensions. I got the passenger version, not the light truck. They are noticeably larger in diameter than the original 235/70R16's...
  5. U

Moderate Tire Upgrade - Help ??

I am fortunate to have just purchased from my parents their pristine 2002 Explorer XLT 4.0. Gold with leather, 100% stock. They bought it new, used it very gently, and only ever put 92K miles on it. My teenage son (new driver) and I are planning to use it as a bit of a "light overlanding"...
Back