Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Ordered SKF Rear Wheel Bearing - Received OCPA Made in KOREA?!

Not trying to hijack your post here but, I have an 05 Ford Explorer 4.6 all wheel drive that keeps eating rear whee bearings. No abnormal wear anywhere. But happening on both sides. Averaging about 15k miles per bearing. Buying the best Oriellys has to offer. Have had more than one reputable...
  2. E

Growling, and thud from...somewhere? HELP!

I had only driven the explorer around the yard to try to pinpoint the noise for fear of damaging something further. So after putting everything back together I drove it down the road, figuring what the heck at this point. I could actually feel a little play in the back end and it became more...
  3. E

Well I’m ashamed to say what the problem was... After three people driving and listening for the problem and all agreeing it seemed to be coming from the front half of the vehicle, it sadly never occurred to me to check the rear wheel bearings. Which is where the problem lie. Fortunately that...
  4. E

2005 Explorer Limited 4.6 V8 AWD. Right around 125,x.. miles. In very good shape and had little to no problems. The explorer developed a noise that I was sure was the passenger CV shaft. It was a dull growling followed by a thud thud thud that I was assuming was the CV shaft jumping around and...
Back