Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

roccov12345's 98 Mounty Restoration Thread.

I too really like how explorers and mountys in general look lowered but then again, I love the offroad look as well. The wheels are Gen 2 explorer wheels that were chrome plated. Nothing too fancy, just something different, plus they were cheap :thumbsup: hehe, don't worry about the oven...
  2. R

Thanks! Are you talking about the grill? If so, it's still chrome, the crappy cell phone pics are probably throwing it off. :)
  3. R

Hey...I'm assuming you changed your name? Looks like you've been busy with the powdercoating. I remember the last time I spoke to you, you were just starting out. Awesome work BTW!
  4. R

Camber for the win!:thumbsup:
  5. R

Thanks brotha! I can't believe its been four years already. I'm a procrastinator for sure! ;)
  6. R

Ok......I promise I'm back for good..... Thanks to all for the kinds words. I seriously could have never even attempted this project if it wasn't for the help and encouragement I've received from EF's members. This was my first attempt at a rebuild of this scale. I had repainted a few things...
  7. R

Sent you a PM bud. The truck is finally finished. Sorry to disappear on you guys like that. I'll take some pics next weekend as a final update and closer to this thread... :thumbsup:
  8. R

Fresh Paint = Spider Cracks, Why? HELP!

I think that may of been the issue, if anyone else has similar problems when using a primer, the problem most likely lies in too thick of primer coats matched with an insufficient flash time between each coat. Sprayed the door over last Friday and it came out great..... Thanks all!:D
  9. R

well the only activator/hardener I had to use up to that point was the catalyst for the primer. Maybe my mix was incorrect, although I'm almost positive it was accurate. Here were the mixes: Epoxy Primer/Sealer mixed 2:1 with catalyst and 10% medium base reducer. Base Coat (PPG - Omni) 1:1...
  10. R

I do actually have some of that stuff sitting around but nothing open or exposed. Maybe I'll tuck them away in the cabinet for safety measures.....
  11. R

thanks brotha........ if anyone is interested in the process of the door I posted up, see my thread in "body work and detailing" and let me know what you think.....
  12. R

I will eliminate any issues with rubbing alcohol or the process in which I sprayed it since this has been business as usual with the entire truck up to this point. Figures too because this is actually the last MAJOR piece of the truck to be sprayed. I'm really thinking it had something to do...
  13. R

Used a medium reducer for both the base and primer. Shot the primer and base in the garage without direct sunlight in about 90 degrees. I usually wash the panel, sand, wash again, sand, wash again, dry it, go over the whole piece with rubbing alcohol, shoot the primer, wet sand, wash, wet...
  14. R

Hi all, For all those body work and paint geniuses, I had some trouble with the passenger door this past weekend for some odd reason. Used an Epoxy Primer Sealer over the old paint which was mixed with catalyst and about 10% of reducer to thin it out. Laid the primer, even coats although...
  15. R

Thanks, Ok, next time I have the camera going I'll snap a pic.
  16. R

Nothing too major but a few update pics...... Doesn't look like much but it sure did take quite some time as you can see from my last post. Finished the driver side minus the door handles. Right now all I have left is the passenger front door, all 4 handles, passenger running...
  17. R

What a disaster last weekend was..... Finished the driver side door, had to do some key mark and dent repairs. Just as I was pulling in the truck mother nature decided it was a good idea to down pour and blow a fine mist of water into the garage all over the top of the still wet door. Needless...
  18. R

trailers lets see them!!!!

It's actually a 04 aviator, girlfriend's truck, beautiful car but horrible on gas....
  19. R

trailers lets see them!!!!

Here's my rig until the moutaineer is finished...... 04 seadoo challenger
  20. R

Heads Up!!!

Mean! 3.5K is tough but those are pretty difficult to come by. Nice find!
  21. R

well for some odd reason I'm getting this itch to lift this truck instead of keeping it lowered as it is right now. I need your all out honest opinion... I was thinking about flipping the torsion bars back to stock and raising it all the way up. Get some lift shackles for the rear and...
  22. R

I actually got the idea from my IS300. The only thing better was the headlights on that car had a separate piece where the bulb was so you could keep that chrome, better light reflection. Although on the mounty, it's just one piece. Maybe you could mask out some round scheme for light...
  23. R

The fogs are blacked out as well, although the light is effected as well. The only downfall........ To be honest I can't say that I'm going to have enough light during the night because I haven't had a chance to try them yet......
  24. R

I believe these were in an earlier page but you get the idea. I'll have to snap a pic with the lights off with the corner lights in
  25. R

Here's one, just doesn't have the corner lights on...
Back