Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Does anyone actually love their 5th gen Explorer?

Yeah, I really do like this EXP. I purchased a 2004 XLT for my wife, which is now being driven by one of my sons. That car served us very well, lots of vacations, trips, etc.. Had the bad transmission problem and had to be replaced, but that was done under the extended warranty so its no...
  2. S

2018 Ford Explorer Sport - Awaiting Shipment Stage

Brian, I have, picked it up on Tuesday. Will do when the weather clears here. We've had rain every day since Monday! - Jerry
  3. S

Good info...... and yes, they tried to do just that. Told them no deal. Then later they came back and said the same deal applies. - Jerry
  4. S

A quick update. The dealer found another Sport and had it shipped to their location, should be picking it up Tuesday afternoon. Slight differences, wheel rims and air bag seat belts is all. Just as a goof, I checked COTUS this morning and guess what? Yup..... the original vehicle is now...
  5. S

Peter, Good info, thnx! I'm leaning that way too.... Just thought the time passed from production to awaiting shipment seemed a bit excessive. Nevertheless it puts the dealer in a "limbo" situation and by extension the purchaser. And also, it raises the visibility of data validity as...
  6. S

As a follow up, I read some posts on the forums concerning statuses presented via COTUS, and dealership visibility, etc.. Seems like there are issues abound, as others have encountered similar problems as I have. Guess the lesson here is just because the data is presented does not indicate its...
  7. S

First time post here.... So I purchased a 2018 Ex Sport 19 April 18 with the expectation that the vehicle was inbound to the dealer (salesman stated it was expected on 18 April 18 - which I now know was a bunch of Hooey). Build date on the vehicle was 05 March 18, and via COTUS has been in...
Back