Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Check Engine?

yeah i didnt think so.
  2. I

Check Engine?

the other day while i was working, i noticed my CEL came on, but when i turned the car off a few mins later, and restarted it, it was off, and hasnt come back on since. it couldnt have been detected the starter going, since its not electronic, could it?
  3. I

Explorer won't start

ok.
  4. I

Explorer won't start

turns out it was my starter. i hit it with a big wrench i use for work, and it started right away. i just got home, and shut it off, then tried it after a bit and it started right up again. looks like it might have just been a flat spot on the brushes?
  5. I

Explorer won't start

I tryed cleaning the neg battery terminal and it didn't work.
  6. I

Explorer won't start

Please guys, i really need help, i'm stuck
  7. I

Explorer won't start

I've got a 91 Eddie Bauer and when i try to start it, it just clicks from what sounds like the starter solonid. I think it may just be a bad ground b/c the negative battery terminal is a bit loose but i can turn it tight. All the lights and everything light up bright so i don't think it's the...
  8. I

Changing oil on a 4x4?

changing all those things are easy. i had to do the diffs on my toyota several times. (it sure helped that i didnt need to jack it up to get under it, lol). i changed the oil on my 91 yesterday. damn, sure is different then what im used to (5.0L mustangs). i do like how the oil pan bolt is right...
  9. I

My 91 Eddie Bauer!

New pics!
  10. I

Hahaha noob

when you add the manual hubs, does it #### up the autolocking? or do you still need to hit the button after locking the hubs? how big of a job is it?
  11. I

5-10 mins til.........

well i have to go to work now, so i will take some better pics when i get home (only have dark pics).
  12. I

5-10 mins til.........

i leave to go pick up my explorer! im excited :D ill take pics and post them up when i get home! :confused: :D
  13. I

1st gen X info

i know, ive seen that. but i was hoping for something that broke down the options for each kind, like xl, xlt, xlt eddie bauer, etc.
  14. I

1st gen X info

yes, i tried searching, couldnt come up with anything. does anyone have any links, or just general info about the options for the different models of 1st gen explorers, and what changed from 91-94?i wouldnt mind seeing what i have and what im missing. stuff like what its got for stereo, etc.
  15. I

Another tranny question

anybody?
  16. I

Heard a rumor......

right on, thanks guys.
  17. I

Question for the guys with the bad trannys....

hmm sounds good. so its really luck of the draw....
  18. I

new to xplorer performance

do they make an off-road h-pipe for the OHC? I dont have to worry about emissions where i live, so i could benefit from having an open exhaust, and lose the weight of all the cats and resonators. or will i need to get it custom made?
  19. I

Heard a rumor......

thats what i thought. hes an old school bronco guy, and i told my dad that his friend was off his rocker. i cant see ford taking the 8.8 and making some stupid 1 piece driveshaft attached to it.
  20. I

did you have a tranny cooler, stock or otherwise?
  21. I

Heard a rumor......

My dad was talking to a 4x4 guy, and he said the explorers have a 1 piece differential or the u-joint is attached to the rear end orsomething silly, and its really expensive to fix. it sounds liek a load of crap to me, or the guy is just mixed up in what he is talking about. from what i know...
  22. I

Another tranny question

How much better were the newer A4LD trannys? When did they change (year) and are they a direct swap? Would it be better to locate a newer A4LD and possbily upgrade it using what Glacier did, and put that in when the stock tranny goes? *edit* also, would getting an aftermarket tranny cooler...
  23. I

Out of all the people here who are constantly replacing their trannies in the 91-94s, how many of you use your explorer for towing?
  24. I

Bolt pattern?

awww nuts. so much for that. :thumbdwn:
  25. I

Bolt pattern?

awesome! well we shall see. if i do indeed pick up this explorer this week, i have a set of 17" chrome cobra r's. should be neat to see what the truck looks like with those mounted up. 245/40/17 up front, 315/35/17 out back. :eek: :D and sorry, i usually do search, but sometimes just...
Back