Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

Got a persistent TMS fault the other day. Prior to this I would get an intermittent TMS error when it rained and/or the road was wet.. It didn't bother me enough to go hunting for the problem because it usually went away after a few minutes; so I just infrequently did spot checks for codes and...
  2. B

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Y You can either pay for a premium membership or upload your photo to a place like imageshack and hotlink it here
  3. B

2004 Explorer

You should check to see if you're getting power up to the switch.
  4. B

Explore 2008 ( Rough idle, staling, hesitating when acceleration )

Wow. Just remember for future reference that obd codes just tell you what systems are affected and usually not what's broken. For instance, not saying that this is exactly the case for your vehicle, but a broken vacuum line could throw a code for any of the aforementioned parts you changed. In...
  5. B

Water Leak

There exists a grommet high up on the firewall on that side of the vehicle. The windshield wiper fluid line runs through that grommet. That is probably the only other point of failure I can think of on that side of the vehicle.
  6. B

Explore 2008 ( Rough idle, staling, hesitating when acceleration )

Hmmm... how to explain vacuum in an engine....... As a result of the process of making an engine run, the engine creates a vacuum. Certain systems in the vehicle use this vacuum to control particular engine functions. Now if there is a broken line, air invades the system causing the engine to...
  7. B

Question about Bluetooth

Lol. That's probably true too. However I'm also speaking from experience. In my '15 XLT MFT my wife's iphone vs my S8 performs just like the OP's Forrester reference. In my '03 XLT with my Kenwood Excelon double din the story is the same.
  8. B

Question about Bluetooth

Chalk it up to the difference between android and apple. It's easier for manufacturers to plan for interfacing with apple because they have 1 platform across multiple phones models. Whereas android has multiple platforms across multiple devices. So most manufacturers are left with a 'so long...
  9. B

Help with bluetooth.

If you go into the bluetooth setting on your phone; click the cog wheel next to the name of the device your trying to connect and check the box that says media
  10. B

2003 Explorer Dash Lights/Gauges, Stereo, & Power Windows Stopped Working

I don't know if it's related or not but this reminded me of a customers car which was experiencing not the same but similar related dimmer switch issues. The guy was a taxi driver and a smoker. In order to have his car not smell like an ashtray, he would constantly spray perfume down his ac...
  11. B

2004 ford explorer won't engage any gears

Sounds like your gear shifter may have sheared off. Open up the steering column housing and see if it's still in one piece.
  12. B

Overheating 04

Sounds like a bad fan clutch. If you spin the fan and it spins without resistance it's bad.
  13. B

New radiator....over heat 2008 XlT

Lots of questions..... Did you make sure there's no air in the system? Have you checked to see if the coolant is actually flowing through the system? Did you check the condition of the radiator hoses? Did you check the fan clutch? When you say cold air do you mean ambient temp air? Is your...
  14. B

Front door speaker adapter kit

I ordered my speakers through Crutchfield so I used what they sent me. Checking my order slip, it was...... Metra 82-5602 Speaker Brkt Ford Explorer 11-up for 6"x9" & American International NSB710 95-up Nissan SAP, 6-1/2 & 6-3/4 But if I had to pay for the speaker adapters I wouldn't have...
  15. B

Where is the blinker fluid on my 1994, my brake light is not working!

You shouldn't have to worry about blinker fluid. According to Ford, the blinkers are supposed to be filled for life.
  16. B

You should be able to. You could get one of those 4ch power packs for around 100+. Install should be around 100 for parts + labor.
  17. B

Front door speaker adapter kit

I used to be an car fi installer for best buy. 6x8 speakers will fit in the metra 6x9 adapters. The tabs on the 6x8's will line up with the adapter holes. Edit* Sorry forgot to mention there will be some gapping between the adapter and the speaker. So your seal won't be all that great.
  18. B

I think you're going to be disappointed if you swap out the factory speakers without adding a 4ch amp to power the aftermarket speakers. With or without the amp the clarity of your system will definitely improve. However the factory head unit lacks the power to really drive any sort of...
  19. B

Ingelligent Access Key Programming with ForScan

The forscan forum has a pretty good walthough regarding pats programming for Fords. I don't know what the rules for hotlinking are so if you google Forscan Pats Explorer it should pop up. Haven't programmed a IAK but when I did a IKT forscan didn't require a master. It just did it straight away...
  20. B

2011 Explorer Died??

Sounds like you have a dead battery
  21. B

Here's what the 3rd row connectors look like..... I actually just did my sound system upgrade yesterday. Rockford 6x9's in the front; 6.5's in the pass; 10" Rockford Sub. I disconnected the 3rd row speakers to tap signal for the 2 channel kenwood amp that's powering the sub. I opted to use the...
  22. B

Anyone tinted their sun roof / moonroof?

I put 35% ceramic film on all the doors, rear glass and sunroof. The front windshield has a clear ceramic film on it as well. I love it. The a/c doesn't have to work very hard to make/keep my vehicle cool.
  23. B

Aloha from the 808

Thanks for all the great topics. This place helped me build my 2015 XLT 202a. The forscan threads; The running boards threads; The splash guard thread; The wind deflector thread; The audio threads were all of great benefit to me. Thanks to the entire community. My additions.... Deezee Running...
Back