Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Transmission leak not covered under 5 yr/50,000 powertrain warranty?!

Last Friday, I placed a call directly to the Ford Customer service line for the third time which is obviously located in India. They admitted they had dropped the ball in addressing my complaint. Still nothing 5 days later. Thanks for all the input. Its greatly appreciated. I told the...
  2. J

Thanks. I too am scratching my head why a component of the AC would cause the tranny to leak. From my observation transmission fluid droplets are present below the transmission cooler. Never would have imagined the AC would be in the equation.
  3. J

My wife's 2016 Explorer has been leaking transmission fluid from the transmission cooler in small quantities to the point of the transmission slipping. I took the vehicle in for repair under the 5 yr/50,000 mile powertrain warranty. But to my surprise Ford states "the leak is caused by an air...
  4. J

Keyless entry (Securicode) pad comes off

What looks like clips are actually mounting guides. The red strips of tape are the only method of securing. Jim Norton Huntsville, Alabama
  5. J

Keyless entry (Securicode) pad comes off

Our 2016 Explorer has had the keyless entry panel fall off three times in 26 months. Each time it messes with the electrical system. We lose the power lift gate, keyless entry, the guide lines on the screen for backing and the cabin lights stay on long after you park it and start to drive it...
  6. J

Liftgate Issue After Keypad Came Off

Same thing happened to me. Driving down the interstate when a chime went off telling me the lift gate was ajar. I didn't realize it at the moment but the keyless entry panel had detached and was flopping in the wind. All the same symptoms as mentioned in the original post. Figured the lift...
Back