Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Just starting.... 2013 APIM Sync 3

Yes, I was successful and have been running it since 2018. Overall process was not too bad. The more challenging was creating brackets to mount the screen. I found a screen that was not from an explorer so I ended up buying joist hangers and modifying them to fit. The only ‘wish’ is that I...
  2. J

PTU Problems

My Recent PTU experience: I recently (Nov 2018) replaced the PTU on my 2013 Limited AWD with 85k miles through the dealership. Leaking the black slug referenced several times above in the thread. The dealership did not suggest refilling or other repairs. I had called Ford Care in advance to...
  3. J

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

I did not notice any difference. You ‘get’ the same basic adjustments - treble, mid, bass and fade/balance. Lastly speed volume adjustments
  4. J

A quick shout out to the many that have shared their story/process for the Sync 2 to Sync 3 conversion. I spent several hours researching and watching different youtube conversions / checking information - this forum, Focused Garage youtube channel and the F150Forum provided the details and...
  5. J

Julian, would you share your technique for better method of search on car-parts? Thanks in advance!
  6. J

Pulling together the parts for a diy conversion but was wondering if anyone has found a less expensive usb pigtail wire harness than the 4D Tech option (they are currently out of stock) for a 2013 Limited.
  7. J

MFT Update V3.10

I am not aware of any.
  8. J

MFT Update V3.10

I had the same issue and went back to ‘as built’ and travel link came back
  9. J

Is there a way to change or turndown the volume of the BLINKER???

I do like the idea of increasing the volume at higher traffic speeds to get the drivers attention (or turn it off automatically after a period of time assuming no legal issues and/or different logic for different speeds, etc). This seems like a great summer intern project...but maybe the true...
  10. J

I appreciate the in traffic lane change signaling and with road noise it can be and is tolerable. It is at long stop lights, in slow traffic it becomes annoying. I have lived with it for 5+ years and will continue to tolerate, I was inquiring if it is possible and would make the change. It is...
  11. J

I just recently started using Forscan and was looking for this to adjust a little bit. I did make to adjustment to blink 5 times instead of 3 - I have not found anything to reduce the sound though. Here is a link to some frequently used codes. Use at your own risk, and within your skill level...
  12. J

MFT Update V3.10

Has anyone else experienced intermittent issues with Sync 2 / OS 11.3.1? I think I have attempted every remedy I can think of and still no luck. Issue: When connecting my iPhone 7 with iOS 11.3.1 / Sync 2 v3.8 - I seem to lose connection to the USB (bluetooth connect still works). But I lose...
  13. J

There must have been an issue copying my files over from the download to my hard drive and then flash drive. The update is now loading to my vehicle now.
  14. J

I have been reviewing several of the Sync 2 V3.10 update posts....and also considering upgrading to the Sync3 - but I have not found a reasonably priced Screen/APIM...yet. A lot of great information here, that is for sure!
Back