Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

For Sale 4.0l OHV Valve Cover Support Rails

These are awesome! Another great design by Brian!
  2. E

Center console arm rest replacement

I used plastic weld to put mine back together because finding one with red suede is damn near impossible.
  3. E

Ford didn't take advice from their own engineers - I will and YOU should too

And yes, I agree the most important part is having a safe braking system. When I got the truck the rear ABS light was on and taped over with black tape (read about that here too.. lol not a real fix). Turned out to be low fluid and a missing connector, easy fix. Replaced front rotors and pads...
  4. E

Lol just came back for the first time since previously posting. I'm still catching up on this thread, but overall I'm glad that I wasn't entirely perceived as being an asshole. Honestly, I want to lift mine, and do a 4x4 swap, but for now it's spending more time on road than off road so that...
  5. E

Been here for over a year. Didnt bash it. I love my X for what it is. Ive done some unique mods nobody else had done here before. It became obvious that the information I provided was gonna just piss people off instead of informing them. I hope it still helps a few ppl out there.. I drive...
  6. E

Lol its like that old saying... Can lead a horse to water..
  7. E

Gone. Cya. Good luck to all. I searched the forum for that exact link and it had not yet been posted. If you choose to be naive or ignorant, thats your loss. If you seriously think all SUVs share the same handling characteristics, then may god have mercy on you.
  8. E

J turns are not typically done unless something unpredictable on the road occurs, which happens often. You too can choose to ignore the physics behind it, just saying there is some valid points and just because that is the article I linked, doesnt mean its the only one out there or the only one...
  9. E

We have all heard of the Ford vs. Firestone lawsuits and issues with tire separation and Ford Explorers rolling over. Well I'm not here to get into the details; but in short, they both had issues that were valid. I did not look further into the tire issue, because I do not own those specific...
  10. E

For Sale HD Motor Mounts

Received the mounts, all look good. Thanks!
  11. E

For Sale HD Motor Mounts

Ill take em! Tell me where to send my money
  12. E

For Sale HD Motor Mounts

Ill take em! Tell me where to send my money
  13. E

For Sale HD Motor Mounts

Any of these availabe for a 91? i would buy all 3
  14. E

Replacing the Window Regulator, I cut off my thumb!!!

Im confused as to where the spring is? I replaced my window motor nylon bushings, disassembled the whole thing and I dont ever remember seeing a spring
  15. E

I rear ended a minivan...

Welp.. just got home. No injuries to anyone, most important thing. Cars were both able to drive away. How does the damage look? Ill have to get a better look in the day light. Damn.. my brakes just locked up! I was thinking, because the fender is close to the tire now, of pulling the whole...
  16. E

Cruise Control - Individual Component Troubleshooting

Definitely want to look into this. Thank you for starting with some serious leg work
  17. E

I am back with my 94'' Explorer , hello again from Bulgaria

Wow. That looks awesome. Congrats from texas
  18. E

Center Console Replacement?

I used plastic weld to glue it back together. Mine was also missing a lot of pieces, so I also used it to add back material. I need to smooth sand and paint it, but it at least supports my arm now without cracking further. Eventually ill just snap off the entire top arm rest and put a padded...
  19. E

Modified entry chime

Its back in there, behind the ash tray. Big white box.
  20. E

Front Power Window Motor

Does the motor still make noise? If so, then its probably just in need of a rebuild. Same amount of work as pulling a junkyard unit, but saves you the trip. Theres a thread here that outlines the process, including the link to the nylon bushings youll need to buy. Actually i just found the...
  21. E

Brake Booster

Another way to check for the leak is go under the hood with some incense, or a cigarette if you still actually smoke those, and look to see where it gets pulled into. You can also spray carb cleaner around the hoses and listen for a change in RPM. Maybe something finicky with the brake pedal...
  22. E

Brake Booster

Sounds like a vacuum leak going to the brake booster. Check the rubber lines, and if squeezing them or adjusting them changes the idle, they need replacement
  23. E

Cool instrument face upgrade kit

Would be nice if it was black background..
  24. E

Modified entry chime

Well yall I got it figured out. Enjoy!
Back