Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Doing my 2014 3.5l PIU timing chain

Ha,same here. Changed water pump on my 2014 Explorer last November. Took me a month to do it with family matters getting in the way. Some days I didn't even touch it! took a day to get the harnesses unclipped from about 20 anchors all atop the engine. Harmonic balancer bolt was frozen. That took...
  2. X

New timing tensioner -- is it oil pressure activated?

Do the OE tensioners(primary) fail often?
  3. X

Where did you get those manual tensioners?
  4. X

It was OE. Was there a TSB at one time for this? If so, why was tensioner radically redesigned? My original is much beefier.
  5. X

Fog lamps

Thats correct sir
  6. X

Fog lamps

I'm looking for a complete fog lamp system for my gen 5. new or used.
  7. X

Timing chain kit replaced still rattling and getting worse

The rattling is caused by the cam phasers. It is a common problem it seems. Some rattle at start up, some rattle all the time. I just replaced all four on my '14 Ex but I still putting it back together. Hopefully it will be quiet.
  8. X

Having the same exact issue. The newer tensioner looks completely different. After I installed it, I started to turn the motor over by hand and the firewall side chain guide was jumping up and down. I took it back out and compared it to the original one. I noticed that the newer part had much...
  9. X

Oh crap. I messed with my rear brakes and I think I screwed up.

The very root cause of your unevenly worn pads are the SLIDE PINS. 99% of the time this is the cause. Unless you are dealing with a two-piston calipers such as on front brakes. There are some pretty laughable answers in this thread, but bottom line is 1) You need new pads now AND you need to...
  10. X

How to: AFE Bias - How to correct your MPG readout/display

I have a '14 base Ex and my MPG hasn't changed in 9 years. It has always been 21.8MPG. What is up with that?
  11. X

2012 Ford Explorer XLT Front Suspension Clunking Noise

My father-in-law had this problem too .2014 Ex really bad clunking noise from the front chassis area. He asked me to look at it. Upon just driving out of the driveway. application of the brakes caused aa loud clunking sound and the front end felt like it was buckling and bending at the chassis...
  12. X

2002 Explorer Sport

I bought a 2002 Explorer Sport brand new. I loved that truck. At 37,000 it was rear ended hard and was totaled. I was really disappointed. The Ex was 2 years old and Ford had discontinued it the year before. My only choices were to by a new 4 door model or a used 2003 model. Loving the 2 doors...
  13. X

Adding Fog Lights on Base Pre 2016 Model

Does the whole front fascia have to come off to install the fog light assembly?
  14. X

2012 Explorer Emergency Brake removal

No matter what I do or which tool I use, I can’t seem to get all of the prongs squeezed to pull the cable out of the holder.
Back