Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Frustrated with rough idle when warm in drive

I planned to change the O2 sensors with the exhaust before the CE light showed up, so when that happen and I was hoping that it would solve the problem as well. No such luck.... The engine runs cool about 170, but I will check that as i drive to see. No coolant loss and when I changed the...
  2. S

The problem was noticed a back in March. I already planned to change the exhaust and O2 sensors, in April, so i waited. After changing exhaust and O2's, the problem persisted. I then started checking and went through the list of common culprits and did find some issues, so it did progress well...
  3. S

I will recheck the EVAP hose. I changed it last year, but will recheck. The EGR tube to the plenum is good, check it when I changed the plenum gaskets and EGR tube to exhaust manifold is new. I will look at the fuel trim to see the differences. The alternator was replaced about 18 months ago...
  4. S

Thanks. I tried that a last week, but it did not make a difference. The truck runs well on 87 octane, hits highway speeds quickly just has that stumbling idle and the gas mileage is down..... Tks
  5. S

I'm so newb...

I had shifting problems on my 2000 Exp, not sure if same trans as you because I have a 4.0L with the 5R55E transmission. On that trans you have to pull the pan down to change the filter, so plan for that meaning filter gasket and fluid. And get the torque sequence for the pan. using the right...
  6. S

Hi all, I have a 2000 Explorer 4.0L V-6 OHV (X) with the CE light on and codes P0306, P0171, P0174. It starts great runs good but has a rough idle stumbling when warm waiting at a light. It has 198K miles on her but the engine has less than 30K. I've done a lot of work on this truck in the past...
Back