Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

exploder 4.0 in an 87 ranger

Can't you just use the wire harness and computer from the explorer, i am trying to the exact same thing with the exact same years and tranny's. and i also want to do the D35 and 8.8 swap too, how hard was that in the front?
  2. E

explorer motor in a ranger

how hard will it be to swap a 91 4.0 from an exp to a 87 ranger with a 2.9?? would it drop right in with the engine mounts??
  3. E

engine mount question

I am getting a hold of an 88 ranger wit a six inch lift, and three inch body lift, will a 4.0 bolt right in with a explorer 5 speed tranny that i am gonna get???
  4. E

Trany Help!!!

thanks for you help, i was looking at it today and that Ypipe is gonna have to come off, i also took off the radius arm crossmember, i only have the bell housing bolt above the starter to go yet, and then the flywheel bolts to go then.
  5. E

Trany Help!!!

My trany won't go forward only backwards. I am thinking it had something to do with being stuck in some serious mud the day before. I was looking at the top of the bellhousing and it looks pretty cramped for space to get to the bolts. If anyone has taken one of these out, can you please give...
  6. E

Tranny Question

i just need a tranny to throw in it to trade it to my buddy who is liftin it, i am gittin his F-150 and liftin that for myself. I have a C4 from a 351W, a manual tranny from a 2.9 90 ranger and an auto tranny from a 2.9 ranger.
  7. E

Tranny Question

would a C4 from a 84 bronco 351W fit?? I have one of them too!!
  8. E

Tranny Question

I have a 91 4.0, I just blew my tranny on friday, I have a 90 Ranger 2.9 Auto, I need to know will it fit my 4.0, i don't think it will but I need to know for sure. Please help me out.
  9. E

I wish you guys were there for this one

i have ppl to call when the s#$% gets really thick. what i want to do is buy an old military 6x6 5 ton wrecker, we use them in the guard, i could make money off that around here.
  10. E

yea i messed up my tranny pretty bad, i blew my serpitine belt, blew my power steering pump so i have alot to work on but now its time for the SAS and 302!!!
  11. E

it is amazing the guy nobody had a locker, i have a limited slip but that didn't help much, it was that suction mud, lots of ppl lost their shoes in the mud from it being so sticky. i am still trying to get the pics from the one guy yet but when i do i will post them.
  12. E

I have nothing done to my truck suspension wise, all i have is 31 inch savero mud terrains, and until now 4wd. Tuesday night around 6, me and a couple of friends decieded to go in the woods for a lil just to fart around n have fun. We went down a path that i have gone down a million times...
  13. E

What size tires with a 3" spindle lift

hey hockystud how much did it cost to do that to your exp cuz i wanna do that to my mom's truck its a 97 4dr
  14. E

78 bronco rear leafs

yea but u have to use the shackles from the 78 tho that is basically wat i am doin too but i am usin the front suspension too
  15. E

lift n tire question

yea i had to do alil of that when i but the 31x10.5s, i just never ran boggers before n heard they can rip your fenders if u don't have a good lift
  16. E

lift n tire question

Hey, i think i kno the answer to this but i need to kno some opions bout this. I am runnin 31x10.5 savero muds right now, they don't rub well they did alil n the driver fender but it was cuz the rubber fell down. wat i want to kno if can i fit 31x12.5 boggers?? i don't think i can cuz of the...
  17. E

Loud Clicking Noise when Cold

wrist pins!!! that's wat mine wer
  18. E

Suspension Help

a soa is bout a 5 inch rear lift, go to jackit.com n look at tha eight inch ranger springs from skyjacker they r wat u need n call them for tha pivot point brackets they about 389 for tha set i called already
  19. E

Suspension Help

http://www.jackit.com try that they have the answers to wat you need.
  20. E

Anyone have a list of socket sizes for the suspension?

technically the front coil spring nut is a 28mm deep socket, just go to sears n buy that socket it will fit right on.
  21. E

Rausch Creek Off Road Park 3/19/05

i just might go to that, i should have my new 31 super swampers on by then.
  22. E

help with lift!

Hey Fenderguy, how's your flexing for offroading, does it rub at all?? My buddy's did just a little so that's y he stopped bushin with his.
  23. E

What should i do to my explorer

wat do u plan to do with your exp?? mud, rocks, or looks?? wat size tires do u wanna go with?? If you are planning for looks then go with that setup but if u r thinking of taking a 3 inch body lift offroading, than expect alot of body roll, i have seen them lean pretty bad.
  24. E

need a nut size for the front coil spring

hey thanks i really appreciate that info!!
  25. E

Getting ready to order lift....

http://www.jackit.com/shackles/shackle_ford.htm go ther they run 82.99.
Back