Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Heat blows in back, but only seeps out the front

Yeah I watched a video a second ago on YouTube. If I have to replace it, I'll probably skip that screw too.
  2. W

Hey thanks for the tip. I just tried the EATC diagnostics and didn't get any error codes. I've got a friend coming over this weekend to help me put a tank in. I'll probably get the heat fixed then. I appreciate the help.
  3. W

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
  4. W

The air will come out of the vents, just not with much force.
  5. W

I'm getting a new gas tank put on this weekend. I'll look into replacing the blower motor as well
  6. W

I get a clicking sound from the glove box.
  7. W

I have the automatic HVAC controls.
  8. W

You guys have already been a tong of help in fixing up my Mercury Mountaineer. We've had a few cold spells these last few days so I turned my heat on. The heat blows just fine out of the back vent, but doesn't blow out the front vents at all. I can feel the heat seeping out, and my windows...
  9. W

Just bought a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer

Always. I used two six ton jack stands and a floor jack. I left the floor jack under the truck with the two jack stands as extra insurance in case one failed for some reason.
  10. W

Yeah I'm going to order a new tank online. It doesn't look to complicated to install.
  11. W

I'm going to have to order a gas tank. The line from the filler neck is just hanging there since there's nothing for it to connect too. I was going to try to epoxy it, but that isn't really safe.
  12. W

I might be using the wrong terminology. Do you see the larger hose in this picture? On mine, there is nothing for that line to connect to. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?attachments/36-jpg.154754/
  13. W

I'm going to need to replace the gas tank. There's nothing left for the fuel line to connect too on the tank side, it rusted clean off. Unfortunately this is the only vehicle I have at the minute, so I'm going to have to find a way to make it work for now.
  14. W

While getting gas today I figured I'd just fill her up. Once she was full, gasoline started pouring out of the car. I think it's just the hose going to the tank though. I'll get a new one at napa Thursday and install it.
  15. W

I'm not even sure what a stay wire is :eek:
  16. W

My brother in law and I got it out. We installed the new one and she started right up. We had to reuse the old bolts for now, but I'll be replacing them in the morning when the hardware store opens. The old starter was not OEM. The wire that goes from the starter solenoid to the starter was...
  17. W

Yeah tight spaces suck. I'm tempted to buy an air powered socket wrench. They're not as powerfull as an impact, but they work great in small spaces.
  18. W

Yeah I tried 7/16. It was too small. I got it all out though!
  19. W

One bolt out! A friend of a friend came over with a butane torch. He told me to take a socket I could sacrifice, just in case. The socket has to be one size smaller than the bolt head. After about ten minutes of heating it up, I pounded the socket on with a hammer. Once the bolt cooled, it...
  20. W

Thanks. If worse comes to worse I'll drill them out. But I don't want to.
  21. W

This is turning into one heck of an adventure. 13mm 6 point sockets have a lot of slop to them, but 12mm's don't fit on the bolts. I tried a 1/2 inch socket as well but it isn't working out that well. I'm going to pick up a set of Irwin Bolt Extractors as a last ditch effort before I drill...
  22. W

Good idea. I'll pull it out and see when I get the new starter in. I just found what looks like an air powered socket wrench, I'm going to see if it breaks the bolts loose tomorrow.
  23. W

So I fixed the slightly rounded head on the bottom bolt by sanding it with a dremel. I can fit a 12mm socket on it now and it's really snug. The jack I have isn't getting the truck off the ground very far, the bottom of the tires are only 4 inches or so. I think with a better jack I can get her...
  24. W

One is rounded off a little. I'm probably going to use an extractor on it.
  25. W

I'm not sure. I haven't looked at it yet.
Back