Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

93 Ranger 4x4 4.0 High Idle / Drivability Problems

Hmmm...perhaps I need to post this in another section of this forum to try to get some inputs?
  2. V

OK, new update today. I received my newly refurbished throttle body today and bolted it on, tweaked my TPS to "in-specs" and fired it up. Whoala...warmed up to a nice, calm idle, even with IAC connected. New throttle body worked just as intended and the truck sounded so nice, idling down so...
  3. V

I did a TPS check and it was perfectly within specs. Then I performed a very thorough smoke test (still cant get the taste of cigar out of my mouth...yuck!!). The only smoke I got was from the cool/warm air bimetallic disc hose going into the air box...it had a decent amount of smoke coming...
  4. V

So, I've been spraying copious amounts of Carb Cleaner around my hoses, fittings, joints, etc. all to no avail. I did it motor hot, motor cold, IAC connected, IAC disconnected...no vacuum leaks detected. I did find the airbox end of my intake tube weather checked pretty bad on the bottom...
  5. V

Hi everyone....I posted the below attached posts on another Ranger Forum but don't seem to be getting a whole lot of feedback over there. I'm really at a quandary as to where to go from here and was hoping I could find some resident experts here that I can glean some info from. I cut and...
Back