Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Auto to manual transfer case swap questions.

I have a 93 5 speed 4x4 with auto hubs and the 4wd button doesn't work. I picked up a 91 with 5 speed and manual hubs and manual t case, with seized engine as a donor. Is it basically just swap transfer cases, swap hubs, and use the floor plate from the 91, and then all should be good.
  2. R

brake rotor?

I know this, but even on rock auto there is brr212 and brr43, and both are slotted for a 1993 Ford Explorer... man, this is confusing me. Sorry. I even read through an old thread, and didn't get any definitive answer.
  3. R

brake rotor?

Is motorcraft brr36 front disc brake rotor the right one for a 1993 4x4 4.0 4wd? Is there a vin code that will ensure I get the right part? I see a few different motorcraft rotors on Amazon. It looks similar to what I bought for my ranger, but on the ranger, I got the whole rotor, and hub...
  4. R

Decision Time: Non EGR engine or EGR engine

I have 330k on my ranger 4.0 ohv. Still runs like a champ.
  5. R

Slosh Module (Solved)

Pretty sure your PCM is bad. Those codes have to do with managing rpm, etc, if the list on this sight is correct. 3-Digit EEC-IV Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Definitions ? Truck Another list, that has the same code definitions. 91 Ford Ranger - Service Tricks, Tips, Diagrams and Other Information
  6. R

Slosh Module (Solved)

So, basically whenever the engine starts to warm up, you get the issue? And you checked your plugs, they aren't fouling up?, You don't believe you are leaking coolant into the heads, as oil didn't look bad? Did you ever get the fuel pressure gauge?
  7. R

My 93 has no 4th. It makes a grinding noise if I try to force it in.

Well, I ended up buying one on ebay. $520 shipped. Got a few other things I need to get taken care of on it. It was putting out a ton of heat in the engine bay, yet my temp gage wasn't going up, and cooling appears to be working. I figure maybe transmission drag, since other transmission and...
  8. R

1993 4x4 manual to auto swap?

I ended up buying one off ebay, $520 shipped to me. Thanks for the info everyone.
  9. R

Hey, there is a thread where a poster mentions that he swapped his A4LD for a manual. Maybe also search for his thread, and if you need more help, start a new post, so the people here can help you directly, vs piggy backing into thread that has nothing to do with what you want. Here is that...
  10. R

My 93 has no 4th. It makes a grinding noise if I try to force it in.

I have a 1993 with m5r1, or m5od-r1, 4th won't work. I grabbed one untested for $50 from a junk yard. Can I shift it out of the truck somehow to see if it will go into all the gears? What should I be looking for without completely removing all the bearings and gears, etc? I basically want to...
  11. R

I found an R1hd for 650, free shipping. I actually did find a junkyard tranny had the cover plate off. I hand spun it, everything seemed ok. I am going to throw it in the truck, and see if I can shift through all the gears without it running, and compare to mine that I pull out of the truck...
  12. R

Yea, guess I'm taking the ebay route, had hoped to get it done a lot sooner but, will have to put aside some additional funds to order a rebuilt transmission.
  13. R

I just haven't had any luck tracking one down, but since you all say it's more work than we are thinking... I think I have that list of transmissions from the rangerstation, or something. We were planning on swapping everything and have access to an experienced mechanic to help with the swap...
  14. R

So, the local wrecking yard told me they had 3 manual transmissions, then 2 weeks later I go to get 1, as I had the money and time to pick it up and they had crushed all the vehicles. No longer had any. My truck is a 1993 xlt, push button 4x4 with m5od r1. I can't shift into 3rd gear. Can't get...
  15. R

My 93 Explorer apparently has no idler pulley?

I looked up my vin, apparently my 1993 was built in Louisville Kentucky.
  16. R

Have 2 shifters? 1993 xlt manual 4x4

Sweet, I may give that a go at a later date.
  17. R

Have 2 shifters? 1993 xlt manual 4x4

So, I have a 1993 xlt manual 4x4 that needs a transmission. I got to thinking though, my brother's 2002 Ranger fx4 has a 2nd shifter for 4wd. Is that possible to do on my 1993 Explorer?
  18. R

Slosh Module (Solved)

Fuel pump relay... I wonder, on my 1995 Ford Ranger I would get random failure to start, turned out it was a ground. I honestly haven't checked on my explorer, if the setup is close enough. Watch this video though. And this thread. How To: Change A Fuel Pump Relay-91-94X
  19. R

Tensioner up top or down low?
  20. R

My 93 is a manual. I wonder if that is the difference, auto had a slightly different layout...
  21. R

My 93 has the tensioner up top also.
  22. R

Slosh Module (Solved)

Are you leaking coolant into your heads?
  23. R

Spare Tire Madness!

Uhm, ya, I wouldn't run a 20 year old tire. Normally you have same size on spare and you rotate it in, and one out, so you have 5 of same size tire, and every rotation spare goes on and one of the other tires becomes a spare... That said, I'm to lazy to do that.
  24. R

Ball Joints On A 1994 Limited Edition Explorer

Thanks 410fortune. I know this isn't my thread, but good to here someone informing that Moog quality dropped. Its been like 6 years since I did ball joints, on a crown vic, and went moog and quality seemed top notch. But I'm an amateur. I appreciate the opinion of someone with a lot...
Back