Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Oil change in the wilderness

Made the oil change happen yesterday (plus a tire rotation). Our oil level was at the bare minimum after 10k miles.
  2. U

Thanks all! After 10100 miles we’re at 2% now. Oil level is at the minimum right now, so we just added a quart. Looks like we’ll make it another 300ish miles or so (still debating between option 1 and 2). Guess what, the local shop is already closed for the weekend. And yes, bad planning on...
  3. U

Hi all, We just hit 10’200 miles with our 2018 Ford Explorer (we’re on a multi-month road trip) - and an oil change is due. We are currently in the middle of nowhere in British Colombia. I see three options: We drive another 600 miles to the next bigger town and do the oil change there...
  4. U

2018 Explorer Sport - Towing a Travel Trailer

Ha, congratulations :) We used this cable from Amazon: Tekonsha 3035-P Brake Control Wiring Adapter for Ford https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NZQIDE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_QBwqBb7E9RC9X Let us know what you end up using. Best
  5. U

Hey - you should be able to see the connector by using a flashlight (use your iPhone / Android, just take a pic with the flash turned on, it works nicely). It's right underneath that cover below the steering wheel. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be there in the XLT. Photo is below.
  6. U

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

Oh no, I am sorry - does this one work (different format and only about 24 MB)? Also going to update the original post. http://greencard-gewinner.ch/wp-content/uploads/sirius.m4v
  7. U

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

Hey all, This is so sad, we're having the exact same issue with our brand new 2018 Ford Explorer Sport: Sirius has been working totally fine for about 4 months... ...until about 4 days ago, when it changed to basically being unusable This is what it sounds and looks like...
  8. U

Yes, it's the factory installed tow package! They just launched a new site, check this out: Falcon Ultralite Travel Trailers - Travel Lite RV Campers So it sounds like everything between 2500 and 3000 lbs dry weight should be fine - but might not be super fun to drive with (referring to Vos'...
  9. U

Hi all, Following this thread as we're going to get a light trailer later this year (and I'll update this thread again). We are driving a 2018 Ford Explorer Sport with the class III trailer tow package. Where I am at right now (based on this thread and some other research): 1. Even though...
Back