Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Blind Spot Side Detection System

I just looked at the Rydeen BSS2LPB and it shows the license plate mount under the plate. I know on my 2009 STA that there is no room under the license plate for anything. Check that out as you make your decision. I don't have any kind of back up camera on mine. For side blind spot all I use is...
  2. S

2008 Sport Trac wrench light on and multiple codes

All I can tell you is they are all transmission codes. Some suggested repairs are as simple as checking the trans oil, it might be low on trans fluid. You would best be served by a transmission shop or mechanic. Good luck
  3. S

Rough idle

Did a search and came up with this DTC P0356 Ignition Coil F Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction give it a look and see it it helps. Good luck
  4. S

2010 Sport Trac roaring

It took me three days swinging a sledge hammer to change a hub. You might be best served to contact a strong friend or two maybe even a mechanic. Good luck
  5. S

K&N CAI for 2009 4.6 Adrenalin

There are several people on the forum who have put K&N filters in their trucks. Just do a simple search for K&N and see what turns up. I know Tyke has a K&N but he also has a cold air intake so it might not be the same. But just do the search. Good luck.
  6. S

2008 Sport Trac wrench light on.

You can go an Auto Zone store or OReillys or whatever there is close to you and they might have a code reader. They can tell you what is wrong as well. Good luck
  7. S

Drivers Door Hinge

No you aren't missing a thing. I have the same problem. I have a small hole drilled in the top or the cylinder thing so I can lubricare it but it doesn't do all that great. I have thought of looking at other Ford products and seeing if I can find an interchangeable part but as of yet I just put...
  8. S

tire pressure monitor.

I'm not sure if thee 2002 has the same type of controls as my 09 does but when my dash shows a tire pressure monitor fault, which it does from time to time,I can push the reset button on the dash and it turns off the warning and makes the information center visible again but still displays the...
  9. S

How to convert your 'AWD' Adrenalin to true 4x4

I'm definitely interested I just don't have enough confidence in my own abilities.
  10. S

adrenalin AWD transfer case ?'s

WOW you're my hero. I might give it a look and see what I can do come summer. Thanks again for your dedication and hard work for all of us Sport Trackers
  11. S

Sport Trac 2009 Ltd How to locate and replace stock Turn Signal Flasher with an LED Flasher

Hey Jun Sunga, welcome to the forum. I was the Chief of Training at Al Udeid AB in 2007 and a bit of 2008. And was stationed at Little Rock AFB in 73-74 and again in 1976-77. I realize that has nothing to do with your 09 STL but it is good to read from the other side of the world.
  12. S

My First Car!!

Good looking truck. Things are going to come up as they always do. Don't sweat the small stuff. There is so much expertise on this as well as other sites as mentioned. There are alot of videos on YouTube that are quite helpful. The 4.6, 3 valve motor is the same engine family as the 5.4, 3...
  13. S

Saw this while out car shopping

The thread I was looking is listed in that forum and thread but is missing now in this forum.:dunno:
  14. S

There is a thread on this site that has a listing of how many of what kind of ST were manufactured. I can't find the thread now but I sent the guy the last 8 of my VIN and he said that there were only 69 White Suede, V8 Adrenilans built in 09. I've run out of patience in looking for the thread.
  15. S

Electrical problem persists

You will have to start some painstaking troubleshooting. Checking each switch and connection until you find the culprit. Goodluck and stay warm Kent
  16. S

I've got one just like it parked in my garage, so where was I today?
  17. S

Looking at a 2010 STA V8

Good luck in your search. I just did an online search and started checking whatever came up then narrowed the search on each site to just 2010 V8 Adrenalin
  18. S

Looking at a 2010 STA V8

Here is one in Gainesville GA.It says the page unavailable but it worked when I tested it. Autotrader - page unavailable
  19. S

Looking at a 2010 STA V8

I found this for sale in Port Charlotte FL. It says the page unavailable but it worked when I tested it. Autotrader - page unavailable
  20. S

Looking at a 2010 STA V8

Just figure the cost of shipping in the purchase price. There are hundreds of car haulers traveling the interstates everyday carrying used vehicles. That 's what I had planned for mine until I just told the to dealer to deliver if they wanted a sale they would have to figure out the shipping and...
  21. S

Looking at a 2010 STA V8

Are you just shopping locally or would you consider shipping one to NC? You should be able to find something. Good luck wish I could help. I have wonder about Canyons. If you aren't set on a V8 you could look at Nissan Frontier, nah I wouldn't at them either.:banghead:
  22. S

Looking at a 2010 STA V8

Yeah full price and what other lies did he tell you. Kelly Blue Book says that truck is worth $18,000 to $22,000. :dunno:
  23. S

Looking at a 2010 STA V8

I bought my 09 V8 STA June and paid $16,000. I live in Southern Utah and the STA was in Pocatello ID. I search all over the western US and the most expensive Sport Trac I found was a 2010 STA for $21,000. I had some issues that I have taken care or and the dealer I bought it from had to kick in...
  24. S

Looking to buy 2008, have questions

I guess you have to decide what you want. I only looked at V8 Adrenalins with DATC and AWD or 4WD so it narrowed my search quite a bit. Just do your home work and know what you are buying then go in with your eyes wide open. If you are not too fussy there are hundreds of Sport Tracs out there...
  25. S

Looking to buy 2008, have questions

Hi Sonic-Boom and welcome to the forum A few questions then some suggestions. Is it a rear wheel drive, AWD or $WD? Is it Dual Automatic Temp control of manual? It appears to be a V6? Check under the truck and look for rust, particularly body rust. Look at all the axle seals and drive shaft...
Back