Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

No crank no start

I just cleaned the terminals. And swapped the relay. I also tried putting it in neutral and tried starting thinking it was the shifter And it’s still doing it.
  2. I

No crank no start

Yesterday this started happening. when I try to start the truck it won’t crank or do anything. All the lights and everything work. I Let it sit a hour and it starts right up. Same thing today started right up in the morning went for a drive got home turned off and it won’t start back up waited...
  3. I

Torsion Bar 101, Everything you Need to look for!

What shocks do you recommend for the front after lowering it?
  4. I

Torsion Bar 101, Everything you Need to look for!

So if I lower it by 2 inches I need to get an alignment? And would I need the camber bolts too or not ?
  5. I

Lowering explorer

i was confused as well because I was about to order a lowering kit with the blocks, ubolts and camber adjusters. And it says if you have the sport with the single leaf spring you don’t need blocks just to change the location of the stock spacer plates. and I was looking online for more info and...
  6. I

Lowering explorer

I would need longer bolts even though I’m not adding a extra block but just taking the spacer that’s already there and moving it to the top? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I have everything before I do the job
  7. I

Lowering explorer

Yeah it can be bouncy,I will try and make a trip to the scrap yard to check to see if they have any . But In the meantime. Do I just take that stack thats under the leaf spring and just put it above it. between the leaf and axle? And also do I need to use new ubolts, nuts and washers or do I...
  8. I

Lowering explorer

I was looking on explorer express at their lowering kit and it says the sport don’t need the blocks in the back said it can be lowered by changing the location of the stock spacer plates? And it just needs the camber adjusted in front
  9. I

Lowering explorer

Looking to lower my 99 explorer sport What 2 inch block kit is the best the comes with good u bolts and good quality blocks? And then do I need camber adjusters? what else would I need to lower it?
  10. I

Shaky on startup

-Ok I will use the vacuum gauge First what hose is best to use the gauge on the 4.0 v6 ohv? -After that I will look for coolant leaks with coolant tester if none are found I will use k-seal until it warms up and then I will replace the head @masospaghetti looking forward to the step by step on...
  11. I

Shaky on startup

I never used the coolant tester will that rule out a cracked head if it is cracked? Or just hose leaks ect.
  12. I

Shaky on startup

Yeah I lost some coolant Over the last few months, but I seen my heater core valve was leaking so maybe it was from that? I replaced it and I will check to see if I lose anymore over the next month or 2. And please the step by step instructions would be of big help
  13. I

Shaky on startup

Say if it was the heads, would using the k-seal be safe to use or is there some risk in it
  14. I

Shaky on startup

Thanks, will try this
  15. I

Shaky on startup

Are there any pages you could direct me to for replacing the heads, thanks
  16. I

Shaky on startup

For the longest time my 99 v6 ohv explorer shakes for like 10 seconds after a cold start but after it’s warmed it don’t do it and runs fine. I thought maybe a bad iac? Over the past 3 years this is what I have done to it: Intake gasket Radiator Heater valve Fuel filter Fuel pump Starter Spark...
  17. I

Wider wheels in back

If I have 17x9 cobra r wheels would it be ok to put 17x10.5 +24 offset in the back without any modifications I might lower the vehicle in the future 99 explorer sport
  18. I

Looking to get new wheels

Would you Happen to know what backspace and offset I would need? I would hate to buy some and them not even fit properly
  19. I

Looking to get new wheels

I’m looking to put some off-road rims on my explorer like the rock crawlers, and I want them to stick out a inch or 2, what would I need to get to achieve this? I have a 99 sport not lifted.
  20. I

High rpm on startup

Lately when starting my 99 explorer 4.0 ohv the rpms will get high then let off slowly, also another thing its been doing right when I put it in drive or reverse it will take off faster than normal without pressing the gas and when at a stop it sounds like it’s reving slightly but once it’s...
  21. I

Oil pressure gauge flicker

1 was good so i don’t know why it was missing only 3 was cracked but changed it and running fine so far and no codes
  22. I

Just found out what it was, a cracked spark plug
  23. I

How would I diagnose it? And about 6 months ago I put a new coil pack in I went out and looked around the truck and the only thing I seen was a leak behind the downstream o2 sensor where the gasket is and whenever it misses I hear it puffing where the exhaust leak is
  24. I

it’s a ohv v6 and I changed the wires and plugs last spring, I just replaced the plugs in those that was misfiring a bit ago and still doing it so wire or injector?
  25. I

Just pulled the codes, misfire in 1 and 3
Back