Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

so SLOW

My Dodge didn't throw codes, it lost power the warmer it got.
  2. Z

so SLOW

Maybe your cat is plugged?
  3. Z

Speedometer program?

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure before I tore it apart.
  4. Z

I'm going insane. Overheating again.

Check your fan clutch. If it's failing it will overheat while driving.
  5. Z

Speedometer program?

So I replaced all the sensors and still no speedometer. I was going to get a salvage yard one but keep reading that one from a salvage yard has to be cloned to the original. I have never of this before. Is this true or can I just plug and play? It's a 98 Mountaineer.
  6. Z

Lowering blocks

I'm in ohio.
  7. Z

Lowering blocks

You will 3.25 X 8 u blots. Summit carries them. I just took off a 2 inch lowering blocks off my Mountaineer. I do have brand new u bolts you would need still in the packaging. Ordered them instead of stock u bolts.
  8. Z

Rims?

Or LQK.They have a pretty good parts data base
  9. Z

Rims?

I think that maybe a salvage yard or try this Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator.
  10. Z

Rims?

What style of steel wheel?
  11. Z

Hello from Ohio

Went over the truck real well. Front drive shaft and cv shafts are missing. So I think I'm going to take my time and do this thing up the way I want to. Any good suggestions?
  12. Z

Hello from Ohio

I was thinking about doing that. Maybe in September when I'm done with my cougar.
  13. Z

Hello from Ohio

No check engine light. Someone removed the front cv axles. Just replaced shocks and mater cylinder. New rear shackles because someone put 2 inch drop blocks on the rear.
  14. Z

Hello from Ohio

I see you run 31X10.5X15 . Any rub?
  15. Z

Hello from Ohio

Yes. Truck runs great but needs some lovin..
  16. Z

Hello from Ohio

Just bought a 1998 mercury mountaineer. Owned a few Explorers. Great vehicles.
Back