Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Amp Wire Through Firewall?

Image of where you went through I am looking to do the same thing soon.
  2. W

Sound from front drivers door only - Intermittent

Just to close out the thread for anyone who reads later. Replacing the head unit solved it and now I can't live without my Waze App and Wireless Apple play. Something was failing inside the factory head unit.
  3. W

2007 Eddie Bauer

I upgraded to a Pioneer NEX 4400 and added a backup camera when I did it. Metra makes some harness and other kit for it. I have my factory steering wheel controls, backup camera, and it sends signal via AUX out to the unit in the headliner. Works great so it can be done. 2008 EB V8 so we are...
  4. W

Update. It wasn't the door wires as I thought. A couple of days later they stopped working but I didn't turn the radio off like I normally would have, I was distracted by actually driving. :) Then after 3 minutes or so the radio just started playing with sound coming out the speakers normally...
  5. W

okay so I dug into it today and everything behind the radio was still plugged in fine. I pulled the door panel off and checked the speaker connection. It was corroded somewhat were the adapter connected to the factory harness. I pulled it out and sprayed a good deal of electric cleaner in...
  6. W

Engine fan roaring (06 4.6L 6R60), trouble shooting process anyone?

I am just going with the simplest thing first as I was having similar problems with mine. Check you coolant level. Once I filled my up it worked fine, until it leaked out again via a cracked T by the heater core.
  7. W

I have an 08 Eddie Bauer with Rear Entertainment System. I generally use Bluetooth to listen to my tunes through sync and occasionally the radio. Recently it will only play from the front drivers door speaker. Sometimes if I turn the ignition off, open the door and then start up again it will...
Back