Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Full size spare tire storage

Old school (am old guy). I figure the travel gods give flats to people without full size spares when towing (away from home) Local driving, no issues with OEM.
  2. S

Front mounted spare would really mess up cooling airflow and cause significant issues in a front crash (!)
  3. S

Thanks. Have a Casita trailer for the Explorer to pull. Also have a 2017 F250 SD for my bigger trailers. Would be happy with internal spare location, but am having a problem finding the 3rd row removal procedure. Also know about the police pursuit rear brace bar. Just do not want to...
  4. S

2018 Explorer Sport - Towing a Travel Trailer

We tow a Casita (fiberglass egg) travel trailer; empty wt 2450, Gross wt 3500, tongue wt 360, same width as Explorer, just a bit higher. Pulls great.
  5. S

Here is the problem with a hitch mounted spare, it significantly loads up the limited weight carrying hitch ford puts on its Explorers and increases rear end sag. Those hitches are limited to 500 pounds vertical load and the torque wiggle that a spare tire with a long vertical support puts on...
  6. S

I saw that link, but it has expired (from 2011?) The spare would also fit if you could raise up the rear part of the rear seat bracket by about 8 inches. Approach angle for the spare is just too great. But the bottom mounting would be elegant!
  7. S

As a new owner of a 2018 Explorer, 4wd with class 3 tow package, I do not understand why it didn't come with a full size spare. But now that I have one, have a problem on figuring out where to put the spare as it won't fit under the 3rd row seats. So, has any one ever tried to change the spare...
Back