Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Obi1BonJovi

My Platinum Explorer

OMG... The only reason I didn't go with the Platinum is because CarMax sold me the idea that you get Luxury or Twin-Turbo, but not the best of both worlds. I would have 100% gone Platinum. Live and learn. Thanks for the insight Zinc!
  2. Obi1BonJovi

My Platinum Explorer

I think your next step would be to upgrade the factory speakers and run a couple amps under the seats! With a sound dampening treatment to the outer shell, from the inside on each of the 4 doors, you can get your boom on without rattling the doors off the vehicle, or just clean up the sound...
  3. Obi1BonJovi

No one can figure this out!! (Brakes)

When the peddle goes soft again, try pumping the brake 4-5 times and see if it rebuilds resistance. If you pump it and it gets hard, then leave it alone for awhile and it gets soft to the floor, you probably have air in the system. If you have air in the line, it generally manifests as a...
  4. Obi1BonJovi

Hi Jonnoriega - Fellow 2015 Ford Explorer Sport owner here, also from Northern, IL. Perhaps...

Hi Jonnoriega - Fellow 2015 Ford Explorer Sport owner here, also from Northern, IL. Perhaps you've heard of Sleepy Hollow - Just north of Elgin across I90. I saw some posts around vinyl and other glory you've added to your sport. Other than your avatar image, did you upload any other...
  5. Obi1BonJovi

How many miles is too many when buying?

Hi PLH. Congratulations on deciding to buy an Explorer, whether it be the 2014 or a more recent model. As others have already mentioned, Carbon Monoxide entering the cabin is likely the largest health-based concern you may encounter. A quick way of determining whether your prospective 2014...
  6. Obi1BonJovi

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

Good Morning and Afternoon Folks. I took some time to read Ford's Warranty guide on a 2015 Explorer. Here's a summary as it relates to Exhaust system modifications: When considering a modification to any component of the exhaust system *other than muffler replacement* keep in mind that your...
Back