Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. VCFP153

MORE FORD POLICE INTERCEPTOR UTILITY ORDERS BEING CANCELLED

Maybe I can sell mine to an agency and make a profit...
  2. VCFP153

Wigwag for 2020 Ford Explorer XLT

They can, but you would still need a headlight flasher unit as well as a switch box of some sort. Are you looking to only have wigwag function or flashback and other emergency lighting as well?
  3. VCFP153

Steeda SSV Explorer Interceptor Debuts As Beefed Up Patrol Vehicle

I assume they're including the Whipple Stage I kit which gives a claimed 60hp and 120lb/ft increase. It's available by itself here: https://www.steeda.com/whipple-explorer-st-stage-1-package#/filter:ss_ymm:Explorer$253E2020
  4. VCFP153

Gas to use in ST

I'm thinking of using hydrazine. Might be cheaper nowadays.
  5. VCFP153

Gas Mileage in 2020+ Explorer

My 2021 PIU with the 3.0 400hp TT gets around 15-16mpg in town and at the very most 21mpg on the freeway. PIUs don't have driving mode selection and, of course, being in Florida, the A/C is on whenever ignition is on. :)
  6. VCFP153

Red interior lights instead of White

2. Affirmative. 3. I don't see why you couldn't. Also, you can probably upgrade your stock red lights also. In my opinion, the stock red lights are just awful, they're way too dim. The dual-color "ticket light" on my 2017 was much better.
  7. VCFP153

2017 PIU Remove fuse box

Start with moving to Gen V PIU forum.:)
  8. VCFP153

PIU With Rear door disable - also disabled the lift gate!?

Very nice! My previous one was a Kodiak Brown 2017 purchased from Griffin Ford.
  9. VCFP153

Negatory, Ready for The Road is specifically NOT available with the Admin Package (better known as Interior Upgrade Package). Interior Upgrade Package gives you essentially a civilian interior with a full console, carpet floor and floor mats, whereas ready for the road gives you a slew of...
  10. VCFP153

Towing with PIU?

That's odd. Does the fuse box show evidence of being tempered with? For that matter, are the wires in the back intact? Actually, is the harness even back there? Some units were shipped with the harness included separately in a plastic bag either in the glove box or the little cubby in the...
  11. VCFP153

What do you have up there instead of the button? I have remote entry AS WELL AS that button on my '21.
  12. VCFP153

Towing with PIU?

So, a couple things: 1. PIU actually doesn't offer Option 52T Trailer Tow package, only civilian models do. We do get the hitch and the plugs but basically nothing else. 2. The plugs don't get "hot" until a trailer actually gets connected, hence the "cold" plugs now. There is no towing...
  13. VCFP153

2016-18 Explorer PIU Key Fob Programming

The manual says a lot of things, Peter, especially since (I presume) you're talking about civilian models which use an entirely different remote. I say our friend has nothing to lose by trying.
  14. VCFP153

2016-18 Explorer PIU Key Fob Programming

Have you tried doing it yourself?
  15. VCFP153

2021 PIU engine pinging

Try switching gas stations.
  16. VCFP153

H Rated Tires on Platinum OK?

I agree with you on the tires, but my police vehicle enthusiast OCD is forcing me to point out that the '86 was a P72. P71 first appeared in 1993.
  17. VCFP153

2022 Ford Explorer dome light fuse

I would start by checking ALL fuses. Just because something is marked as being responsible for X doesn't necessarily mean it's not ALSO responsible for Y.
  18. VCFP153

2022 Ford Explorer dome light fuse

Do civilian models have "dark mode"? The symptoms certainly sound like it.
  19. VCFP153

Autostop eliminator

Better yet, get the only Explorer version that does NOT come with ASS. I did.
  20. VCFP153

Autostop eliminator

This is true. My marriage was but one example.
  21. VCFP153

Euro Explorer

Came across a Swedish-market ST at Arlanda Airport in Stockholm last night. Notice how the VIN shows it to be a product of Ford of Germany even though it's built in Chicago.
  22. VCFP153

How to: Adding Liftgate Lighting

The lights themselves have two switches each, one of white, one for red. I'm actually thinking of putting these on mine as well.
  23. VCFP153

Little over 8,000 in just under a year.
Back