Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

V8 swap thread discussion

The wiring manuals and shop manuals from both years are a must. If you have both vehicles and time just swap everything and while you're at it freshen up the engine and tranny, dump the awd transfer case for a 4406 and drive it for another 20 years.
  2. P

In need of locker advice

No Pavement, I have read the replies from other members and they all have some merit. 410 is very experienced with our 2nd generation Expo's. I'll just throw in my 2 cents worth. I purchased but haven't installed an Ox locker. Pricey with the electronic shift control but I think any way you want...
  3. P

Downstream O2 sensor bypass???

I thought 4.0 SOHC had a 1354 TC.
  4. P

I swapped a 302 drivetrain into a 2002 Sport from a 2000 Limited and added a 4406. It is not that easy but it was worth it with the way it drives. 410 knows that it's not easy and quite frankly very challenging. He help me figure out the electronic 4x4 wiring. Now I'm waiting on his review of...
  5. P

Replaced the engine. And to think he coulda had a V8.
  6. P

1996 Explorer XLT: Rear Frame "issues"

Part it out or sell it as a parts car. Many good pieces on a GT40 Explorer.
  7. P

Auto Lockers in AWD diffs?

I finally got to talk to someone at Torsen and it will be a few months before they start producing a Dana 35 SLA diff. The gentleman who I talked to told me to send an email to put myself on the list to get one when they come out. So I suggest that if you want one to email info@torsen.com and...
  8. P

Torsen for a Dana 35SLA

I finally got to talk to someone at Torsen and it will be a few months before they start producing a Dana 35 SLA diff. The gentleman who I talked to told me to send an email to put myself on the list to get one when they come out. So I suggest that if you want one to email info@torsen.com and...
  9. P

Torsen for a Dana 35SLA

Thanks GMAN but I have tried to contact them with no luck. They maybe shut down due to the corona virus. NY you know.
  10. P

Torsen for a Dana 35SLA

Does anyone have a Torsen for a Dana 35SLA or now where I can get one to buy?
  11. P

A special thanks

As I'm about finished with phase 1 of El Explorador Baja I have to give a shout out to all those who have helped me get this far especially 410Fortune. It was frustrating this last year in getting this thing running but 410 went above and beyond. Now if anyone has a Torsen for a Dana 35SLA they...
  12. P

98 Explorer 5.0 Transfer case swap

On a 2002 Ex Sport there is a welded in cross member that will have to be removed because the 4406 is so big. I had to cut the cross member out and with the help of my fabricating friends we built a cross member below the tc. The clearances are factions of an inch. I'm still trying to get the...
  13. P

Engine swap questions.

Dora, have you ever tried putting a square peg in a round hole?
  14. P

I have a california truck. How do I de-california-fy it?

Your first statement was the best thing you did for you and your Explorer. Get out of California. Then get it to breathe better. Good move.
  15. P

How to: Install Coil-Overs and ditch T-bars

410, I managed to get the Sport running but I'm lost on getting the 4x4 working. I have the 4x4 module from the 4.0 but the 5.0 wiring doesn't have the connectors for it. I had to swap the entire wiring from the 2001 Expo XLT to get the 2002 Sport to work. I obtained a GEM from a 98 with a 4.0...
  16. P

How to: Install Coil-Overs and ditch T-bars

How is the handling without a swaybar?
  17. P

Selling 5.0 AWD (maybe)

Having purchased 4 Exp in the last 2 years to build a project Exl Sport I would say if the body is straight and fairly rust free, the interior is good and the engine and tranny don't leak you can get 2k out of it. We have an Edge and it is a good vehicle but it won't pull a load like the Exp...
  18. P

Does anyone have the following part?

I have gray belts in my donor Ex. 2000 Limited
  19. P

Junkyard Score! EX Superlift Kit!

Why mess with torsion bars. Go with coil overs. There are two kits out there to upgrade the front suspension on 2nd gen explorers and rangers. Desert Fab and True Travel Dynamics. If you do any offroading this is the hot ticket. A little costly but better ground clearance and performance.
  20. P

V8 swap thread discussion

Chris, get a BW 4406 transfer case that has the electronic shift activator setup. You can use your shift motor and have 4hi and 4 low.
  21. P

Bandit Customs-Your Explorer Repair, Customization and Modification Source in Austin!

Gray, I've learned that the sunroofs are supposed to leak and that there are drain hoses. I've got to clean mine out. lol
  22. P

Bandit Customs-Your Explorer Repair, Customization and Modification Source in Austin!

Bandit Customs, what have you done on sunroofs that need new weather striping. I can't find any vendor that has weather striping for 2000 Explorer. Paul
  23. P

Torque Monster Headers Install Write-up and Review

I have installed a set on my swap. The engine is in with the headers on. The headers seem to be very good quality. I haven't finished the install yet.
  24. P

Torque Monster Headers Install Write-up and Review

If you look on ebay for Maximiser headers for a 2000 Ford Explorer V8 you will find that they are less expensive knockoffs of Torque monsters.
  25. P

Add Me to the 4X4 Swap Club. Now I need a speedo

This explains how TOD works. I would think you could wire in a lead and actuate the TOD while driving.
Back