Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Cheap Shackle Lift

Hey I need cheap shackles for my 01 Sport. Any recommendations for new shackles or some shackles off another vehicle from a junkyard? Looking for a good 2 inch lift in the rear from the notorious sag, not gonna do anything crazy. Thanks.
  2. N

I'm going insane. Overheating again.

A month later, I got a new cap and it seemed to help for a minute. Temperature fluctuated. Once it got to Op Temp I parked it in front of my house. Checked hoses and Reservoir. The coolant seem to rise a little but I also ran the AC and heat. I put the truck into drive, drove about 20 feet and...
  3. N

Well, it does fine in traffic but as soon as i got on the main road today it started overheating as i got up to speed, and the bypass hose has been changed but IDK. It pushes all the coolant into the reservoir and over fills it.
  4. N

I have, just came squirting out the housing even with the gasket.
  5. N

and a few days later its back. I drove it multiple times to the shop, and back to my house. Let it sit for 2 days and it happened again.
  6. N

Thanks to all, a new water pump and a proper air bleed and no more overheating problems. THANKS
  7. N

Okay, so I let it idle a bit longer. It overheated. Swapped out the radiator wasnt the problem. Is this the water pump? Is it because im using water only? I've replaced the thermostat 3 times. What else can i do? Is there still a massive air pocket?
  8. N

OKay I'll try that tomorrow, I have a spare radiator so i think im gonna switch it out. And yes a lot of orange sludge and gunk came out but I still think a lot is in the radiator.
  9. N

New thermostat in, no leaks. I ran it without the cap on to bleed it but the water just came out of the radiator. Still overheated. So would this be a radiator problem or water pump problem? Thanks to all that have responded.
  10. N

Okay, thought the problem was fixed. 2001 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0 SOHC. I can idle all day but once I drive it or rev it high around 2k, the temp rises. I run the heat and AC, no changes still rises. A lot of the water in the radiator goes back into the reservoir, no bubbles that I've noticed...
  11. N

Hi, and I need help. Overheating.

THANK YOU, that one blew over my head. I got a new thermostat (with the valve) just in case. I filled up my radiator cold, then filled up again when it was on. I actually got to drive it around the neighborhood rather than down one street lol. I feel so stupid now :)
  12. N

Hi, and I need help. Overheating.

Hi, I own a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4. I recently did a radiator flush about 5 days prior to my "incident". I did a quick drive to stretch its legs a bit. About 5-7 minutes into the ride I notice my temperature skyrocket and my check gauge light came on. I pulled over immediately. I noticed...
Back