Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Blend Door Actuator

Koda2000 & 410Fortune: Just fyi I have removed the blend door actuator. Ran another self test with it plugged in, needless to say I could feel the motor turning inside but there was no movement on the outside. I have it all apart and 410Fortune was right when he stated the gear was bad. I have...
  2. J

How to: How To: Drivers Exterior Door Handle Replacement

Thank you for the step by step instructions. As this is the next thing I have to do to my drivers door. The fun task of installing a new exterior handle once I get it painted. Oh and for anyone interested near perfect color match for the dk green metallic on the 96 EB explorers I use Testors...
  3. J

2000 explorer stalls when put in gear

My 96 EB was doing the same thing when I took delivery of it. Had a mechanic buddy kept saying I had blown out the fuel pressure regulator. Needless to say he put his scanner on it and it was not what he said. it ended up being a 16.00 part at napa called Coolant Temp Sensor that is a plug type...
  4. J

Blend Door Actuator

koda2000 Ford EATC module self test for the test procedure. I watched a youtube video on how this was done. proceeded to go do it. According to my explorer the 2 code numbers it threw at me was 024 and 125. According to the info on the video and the self diagnostic page both. 024 is a blend...
  5. J

Blend Door Actuator

Koda2000 The only problem I have with that is you can not hear anything. THe heater has been not working for the family member that owned it before me for almost 7 year they said. I know the blower motor works fine. Needless to say I have no heat or ac. and I was reading some of the comments...
  6. J

Blend Door Actuator

I still have to figure out the blend door actuator and where it is located. Being new to all this with the 2nd Gen 96 explorer EB. How hard is it to replace the blend door actuator? I have been told by a mechanic I know that the whole dash has to be taken out to fix it. I want to know as much...
  7. J

Passenger side headlights and fog lights not working

Been having pass side low beam light issues since bought explorer a couple of months ago. even before that family that I acquired had LOM issues I found out for close to 6 years. Learned about the LOM and also found out it is a hard part to come by new or used. Trying to find a spare is like a...
  8. J

1996 Explorer Power Window Fix

Replaced BCM and no luck. Also replaced drivers door switch thinking it was bad. Ended up being the power window relay under the dash. Windows work great now. Thanks for the info, it has been a blessing.
  9. J

1996-2001 ford explorer / mountaineer workshop manual (5567 pages!)

Not sure who shared the shop manual and wiring schematics. But to those who did I just wanted to thank them. I recently acquired a 96 explorer eb and have been chasing out all the wiring gremlins. Been fun and a total learning experience since the newest I have owned before this was an 85 ranger.
Back