Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2003 Explorer XLT 4.0V6 4WD Automatic - No Start problem

As soon as you described the sound and issue, knowing it's a Ford - the Bendix spring on the starter. The family had a 1970 F250 - 3-on-the-tree and 390ci. That was the most amazing truck I've ever encountered. It was a hand-me-down from the grandparents at about 70K. We sold it at about 250K...
  2. J

Looking to buy 1999 Ford explore need your advice!!

You'll have to deal with the Salvage title. I had to deal with a "Dismantle" title for a '65 Barracuda from AZ. That means the vehicle can never be titled or driven on the road again. Here's my checklist - either "Fail", or rate the feature a 1 to 5 and figure out what your time and investment...
  3. J

Front crossmember part No

RepairLinkShop is a great place to lookup part #'s. Just make sure to select a local dealership and the service will let you drill down into that brand of vehicles. Also, the best $35 I ever spent was for a shop manual on eBay for my '04 Eddie Bauer - I got the huge manual and the electrical...
  4. J

Front crossmember part No

This was a duplicate
  5. J

Highway mileage

Dang!. My '04 Eddie Bauer 4L V6 with about 130K miles gets a whopping 13.5 MPG. I'd be happy with 1/2 of what your readout is.
  6. J

Sterio won't turn off (or function)!

Hi All, This is a head-scratcher. The short story is the sterio in my 2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer is displaying "Phone" and the only way to shut it off is disconnect the power (I have no idea why it's displaying Phone because it doesn't have a phone interface). It won't function at all or...
  7. J

Hating the loud vibration/grinding from the front end on right turns!

Hating the loud vibration/grinding from the front end on right turns!
Back