Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

360 back up camera recall 2020-2023 models - FSA 23S02

I got my recall taken care of on 1-5 Friday. The dealer called at 9 AM and offered to come over and do it at home. They pulled up in a big new black panel van with Mobile Service and their name on the side. It took about 20 minutes, I signed the order, and he left. I haven't had the problem since.
  2. T

Solved Missing Part - towing eye

Just to resurrect this, towing eyes are required in most EU countries.
  3. T

Ford Explorer ST Performance Calibration Revealed: +30HP With Factory Warranty Retained

Correct. Mine's the Aviator Reserve. It's fully optioned. I'm still discovering new things.
  4. T

Ford Explorer ST Performance Calibration Revealed: +30HP With Factory Warranty Retained

In 2020, the 10R80 was only used in the hybrid version. No GT that year.
  5. T

Lovely visit to the dealer

I bought a Lincoln partially because the Ford dealership service center was a zoo in the morning. The Lincoln dealer is only a mile away. You pull inside the door and the service writer comes out and greets you. It takes a minute for the write-up, and you're offered a loaner if needed. There's a...
  6. T

22 limited rear camera washer not connected

I worked for Ford for 35 years in Product Development at the Dearborn Engineering Center. I observed exactly what you are describing. It has to do with the bean counters more than anything. It is because they want to cut costs, and the pressure is always there. So, they remove value as the years...
  7. T

Has anyone heard anything regarding this tune for a 2020 Aviator? It's the same platform as an Explorer ST.
  8. T

How do you get these guys off -- what tool ?

I always just split them off with a small cold chisel. They're spring steel, and one swat will break them.
  9. T

Platinum seat back fraying badly, Ford can’t supply part

Try talking to the district service rep. He visits his dealers regularly, and he can address things at a higher level than the dealer. He can approve things the dealer can't. Ask the service manager what day he'll be there, and arrange to meet him.
  10. T

Auto Start-Stop Technology

I bought mine 12/23, and the difference between 1 and 2 was trim and convenience packages. The salesman said the designation code was 401 and 402 respectively.
  11. T

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

Anyone who wants a TSB copy start a conversation with me and shoot me your e-mail address. I will send it to you.
  12. T

It's in PDF format. Is there a way to upload it or is there a forum e-mail address?
  13. T

I have the TSB, and I need an e-mail address to send it to.
  14. T

I should have a copy of the TSB sometime tomorrow and will scan it and post to those interested. I'd be happy to send it to this forum for posting here if that's possible.
  15. T

Hi from Dearborn MI

We had no facilities down in the shop, and most engineers had their own detailer who did his tube work. I'd get a printout that was usually inadequate, and I'd have to go upstairs and sort things out. Remember that I retired in 2001. I did a fair amount of stuff that was a concept that had to...
  16. T

Hi from Dearborn MI

I retired in 2001. Long ago. I could make anything you wanted if you gave me a 3 view drawing in 3rd angle projection. We did have stereo-lithography and CAD to a certain extent. My experience at the time was that it was difficult to make the transition from 3-view drawings to an image on the...
  17. T

Hi from Dearborn MI

I worked in the Research & Scientific building on the gas turbine project and recip engines. From there, I spent some years in the Emission lab, then did a spell in the engine garage and finally in Design Aid doing prototyping. Currently, the company is spending a billion dollars completely...
  18. T

Hi from Dearborn MI

2018 Platinum owner. I'm retired from 35 years working in the Ford Engineering Center. I was in Product Development for most of that time.
Back