Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Can I substitute "tags" when replacing transmission?

the transmission is failing on my 13 XLT 2.0l ecoboost. The current transmission tag is DE9P-7000-LA. Ford seems to sell the same remanufactured replacement (or at least the same tag number EE9Z -7000-ARM) for many different transmissions, which leads me to wonder if there are other...
  2. D

Map Light Bulb Part

I was able to disconnect the connector, but then there was one more harness in there that sort of rotated and appeared to be connected permanently... I owe you a picture
  3. D

Map Light Bulb Part

Thank you very much. Seems so odd that I can't find any threads about how to replace the stock bulbs with stock bulbs... Everyone seems to have migrated to LEDs. I would do that, but I seem to get the console down. One of the wiring harnesses seems to get stuck. I'll try to take a picture...
  4. D

Map Light Bulb Part

@jpowell32 . I'm trying to find the same part. Do you recall what they're called?
  5. D

'99 Explorer - rear washer pump location

although i didn't find the relay, I was able to fix the washer by using the trick recommended by someone who suggested all I had to do what to move the mulit-function switch up and down while pushing in repeatedly on the washer button. I don't know why that worked, but it did!
  6. D

btw, mine is a 1997 Limited 4.0 V6
  7. D

btw, I'm looking for relay box #2, which is where I thought the washer relay is, and I thought was supposed to be on the passenger side. There's another box on the driver side next to the Power Distribution box on the driver side, but I think the relays in there are for the ABS... thanks again
  8. D

Hi @Mbrooks420 just got back from travel and took a picture under my hood. Is the relay box right in front of my face and I'm just missing it? thanks!
  9. D

Quieter speaker in driver door

wow..thanks for the link. I'll go for it.
  10. D

@Mbrooks420 thanks!! I thought the speakers were connected to the amp in back, but now that I think of it I think there are harnesses that go in back and bypass the amp... so I think I should do what you say. Thanks again!
  11. D

Thanks. Do you know if that means I need to run all new wires to the speakers?
  12. D

thanks, guys! My plan is to get access to the amp in the back and see if I can just play around with the connectors in case one has gone bad and can be "jiggled" back to life. It's a long shot. If so, then I can get a new head unit that leverages the current system. If not, then i'll be...
  13. D

Thanks! I'm traveling, but will check when I'm back home on Sunday. Thanks again
  14. D

Awesome thanks. Where did you get it? What brand? Thanks again
  15. D

@toypaseo, do you think this would be thin enough https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-22269-Metric-Deep-Socket/dp/B00AXTJY64/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1534850408&sr=8-4&keywords=5.5mm+socket+thin+wall
  16. D

Thanks, @Mbrooks420. I was planning to put in an aftermarket headunit, but I thought the easiest way to do that is to connect to the existing harness. But since I have a JBL, I think that harness uses the amp in the back, which, in turn, is wired to the speakers. If I bypass the amp, I think I...
  17. D

Thank you. It may actually be up near the battery... That's where I thought it's supposed to be... But I didn't see anything near the battery that looked like the box. I did see something that looks like a relay box buried inconveniently under the air cleaner box... I'm guessing I'm just...
  18. D

@DJBurnout, I've got a 97 Limited 4x4. Not a lot of snow out here in Silicon Valley, but I am heading to MN later this week... not expecting much snow :^) . How did you get the box containing the relay to open? I think I see it under the air cleaner.. thanks
  19. D

Washer Pump not pumping

@davidsauve @xim3987 how do you open that relay box under the air cleaner? is it hinged? clipped on both sides? the short or long sides? (I want to try fixing my washer by replacing the relays... sure seems hard to access that box, btw) . thanks!
  20. D

1996 Explorer Eddie Bauer relay location

@Toolman5961 did you ever get an answer? I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I *think* it's in a box you can see under the air cleaner, but I'm not sure. if you ever figured this out, pelase let me know
  21. D

Solved Windscreen Washer Pump Kaput

@dezufo could you please share more about how you fixed the switch, and which switch you're talking about? Do you mean the stalk? (I have a 97 Limited 4x4. The washer does nothing. The wipers work. Pushing in on the washer butto on the stalk does not start the wipers...)
  22. D

Hi @bobditts, I've checked the balance and unfortunately that's not it... i think it's the amp... @974X4BLACKSPORT, i tried every tool I have but while I can get some in, nothing is biting the bolt head, assuming that's what's in there... but I'll look for something with an even thinner wall...
  23. D

Hi there... in my 1997 Limited with JBL, the front driver speaker is noticeably quieter than the front passenger. I tried swapping the speakers and the problem persisted, so I assume it has something to do with the amp in the back. Two questions: 1. has anybody seen this and do you have any...
  24. D

Read to bypass ur lom!!!!

Just did this, and it worked perfectly! Thank you! btw, I used small wire nuts rather than soldering. Is that a problem?
  25. D

Removing driver side upper control arm bolt

thanks! That Jam nut is a great idea...
Back