Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

New SYNC Version out Today (Oct. 16/22) V3.4 Build 22200

Peter, mine updated via wifi and shows as 22200.
  2. P

'21 No Longer Included Items or Missing?

My ‘84 Continental had that also. It also had an auto retracting antenna which was recalled for catching on fire if it got stuck.
  3. P

Sync 21098 OTA Available

Any updates on the expected date for a fix of the Travel Link problem? It certainly makes the built in navigation much less useful.
  4. P

Sync 21098 OTA Available

I hardly ever use travel link via the screen interface but my problem is the fact that the maps didn’t get the updates they needed to avoid 4 major traffic problems on I75 during my trip from central Florida to Ky. Back when it worked it saved me many hours stuck in traffic, this trip it added...
  5. P

Is this for both Explorer and Aviator? My 20 Aviator didn’t have one.
  6. P

I really like the soft close doors on my 20 Reserve II. Part of the convenience package I think. Don’t have to slam the doors and never have to reopen and close to make sure they are latched. I’ll have to check my Sync display for the Temp readings for the interior. Haven’t noticed them missing...
  7. P

Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

Peter - Sometimes they show as loaded and other times they show as loading but never complete. Weather maps is one of the few that I use and it works at times.
  8. P

Earlier I stated I would wait until I returned from a road trip before updating my software. On my way through Georgia I noticed some new roads showing up so I checked the versions of Sync and maps and see that both are on the new versions. Only thing I have noticed as a problem so far is the...
  9. P

Not yet, don’t want to mess things up before a road trip on June 2. Same with the Sync version update.
  10. P

I just checked again and I now have no version for the map. The description changed telling me that if I had attempted to down load and encountered problems, this $40 dollar USB contains the same version but there was no link to download and no version displayed.
  11. P

This showed up on owner.Lincoln.com when I entered my Vin.
  12. P

When I looked last week it offered a thumb drive for $40 and stated it couldn’t be downloaded due to the file size. This was for Maps NA 220. I would think that annOTA update could easily be loaded to a flash drive for update.
  13. P

Rearview Camera Recall 21C09

My first notification was via CarFax. I’m registered with the site so I received the recall notice along with service reminders.
  14. P

Rearview Camera Recall 21C09

I received a recall notice on LincolnWay for my 2020 Aviator Lincoln recall 21C09. It is for updating image processing module B It covers the blue screen backup camera issue. I haven’t experienced this so far but will get the update when notified. Build date of August 19.
  15. P

Has anyone heard an explanation for not allowing the latest map update(2.20) to be downloaded to USB? It can’t be that much larger than the last update, and that was easy to download and install. $40 for the USB sounds kind of expensive for that size thumb drive.
  16. P

Do I have intelligent 4wd or no?

Oops! I meant to say Goodyear. Not many Firestone on Ford products these days and even less Firestone Eagles. 🙃
  17. P

I am extremely impressed by the handling of my 20 Aviator in Ky winter weather. We had 1/2 inch of ice, 2inches of sleet, 3 inches of snow followed by more sleet and another 1/4 inch of ice. I’m running the stock Firestone Eagle A/W tires. Using Slippery mode on plowed roads and Deep mode On...
  18. P

Hankook tires on my 13 fwd wouldn’t go in the rain, much less the snow. New Michelin’s fixed that problem.
  19. P

Liftgate Problems

Possibly thinks you are about to lock Yourself out? My Aviator doesn’t do this but in my 16 Edge I have to unlock the door to prevent this from happening.
  20. P

Lincoln Embrace Feature (Approach Lighting)

The “Embrace” is only active for 2 cycles between start cycles. This is to save the battery. I’ve found that if I walk closer to the attached garage with my key (or phone) in my pocket, the embrace won’t work when I go to the garage to leave. If wife’s purse is too close it also cancels the...
  21. P

Travel Link

If I remember correctly, my 11 Taurus had 6 months, 13 Explorer had 1year, 16 Edge Sport had 5 years and seems my Aviator has 6 years. When I use builtin nnav it will reroute when traffic problems cause excessive delays.
  22. P

When will professional aviator reviews come out?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a32627323/2020-lincoln-aviator-grand-touring-review/?source=nl&utm_source=nl_rdt&utm_medium=email&date=052620&utm_campaign=nl20309229&utm_term=AAA%20--%20High%20Minus%20Dormant%20and%2090%20Day%20Non%20Openers I completely agree with the non GT...
  23. P

Missing Part - Fuel Filler Funnel - Aviators Only?

Didn’t need one till I tried to pour stabil in the tank of my Edge when leaving for the winter.
  24. P

Steering problems

Is lane keep/centering turned on? That could make a difference.
  25. P

Sync 3.4 (build version) & Diagnostic Screen

I had a message that my software had been updated in my Aviator while at the pool yesterday. It is Sync 3.4. That is about as seamless as it gets.
Back