Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Q

Power Liftgate does not unlatch/work at all

Okay I got it back to normal. The LTM has a slight water damage, because it is not sealed or anything. The water was coming from the moonroof because the driver water drainage was clogged. After heavy rain we already noticed water dripping out of the B-Pillar trim. Hopefully this is the end of...
  2. Q

I hade the time to look into the trouble codes. The Liftgate/Trunk Module (LTM) is short to positive, and the fault code comes up right after erasing it. I guess, something is actually wrong. I think I have to remove the rear quarter panel to look at the LTM. Hopefully I will find the issue.
  3. Q

no problem. It is a button that actuates an electric motor, which unlatches the liftgate. But this is not working. But when the latch assy is broken, it should close the Liftgate? Maybe someone else has this problem too.
  4. Q

Yes you can disable it in the Cluster. But you will still be able to open the Liftgate manualy on the rear. But this "door handle" is not unlatching the liftgate.
  5. Q

Hello Members, the Power Liftgate at my Explorer stopped working. Unfortunately the door handle does not work, too. I have manually unlatch the liftgate from the trunk, not funny with installed booster seats in the rear. I checked all 3 fuses (all okay). The dash button causes the first "ding"...
  6. Q

Issues with Keyless Entry

Okay I investet 10 Minutes at the vehicle and finaly found the issue. The connector is almost broken of. I guess I can re-glue the connector housing to the module. Any advise how to disassemble the module from the center console?
  7. Q

I ordered the part BB5Z-19G481-G but I got the response from the dealer it is discontinued without replacement. Hopefully I will find it somewhere or I figure out, if the BB5Z-19G481-U for 2013-2015 Explorer will fit as well.
  8. Q

Yes of course! But I guess it will take some weeks until the parts will arrive in Germany.
  9. Q

Thanks Peter. I ordered the BB5Z19G481G control module. I think this should be the one, which is responsible for receiving key signals and TPMS Signals. Should be located in back of the center console right behind the cup holders for the rear seats. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.
  10. Q

Yes this is the module. Do you have an idea, where it is located in the vehicle? The manual does not spent a word on "RTM". Something similar is the Fuse 27 in the cabin fuse box for "Intelligent access module". Unfortunately it is always a pain to reach this fuse box.
  11. Q

I found some time to look into the vehicle. The RTM Module does not comunicate and Forscan just says "Error". Does this Module has a fuse? Maybe I have to replace it or it has a loose contact or something. But this is the first hot trail to this issue.
  12. Q

Unfortunately I do not have a Dealer here. The next dealer is approx. 3200 miles away on the other side of the ocean. But I have Forscan and it does not show any codes related to the entry system.
  13. Q

Still no luck. Keys/Keyless/Keypad everything is not working. Still wondering what part I should try to replace. Still thinking about the BCM, but I do not have a clue what kind of BCM I should buy, because so many part numbers are available. :mad: It is still pain with two small children on a...
  14. Q

The securicode panel is still not working, but from nowhere the keyless system ist working as intended. No idea, why I did not make any changes. I hate issues like this because it’s nearly impossible to fix.
  15. Q

I know but my wife feels better without it. anyway I activated it today but the factory code doesn’t work. maybe I do it wrong. Any advice how to use the securicode panel? Let’s start at Approaching the vehicle keypad is dark. What is the first step? And what is the process to enter the code...
  16. Q

Thanks for constantly trying to help Peter. The issue with the Explorer in Germany is, that a workshop knows maybe about the existance of the Explorer but never had one in the workshop before. It's like a Bugatti Veyron. On weekend we tried the 2nd key fob and it worked as it should. The...
  17. Q

No the fob is not working at all. Like a dead battery in the fob. But it is with both fobs and the batteries are not very old, maybe half a year. Once the car is opened with the rescue key blade and the Alarm is turned off everything is working normal, except the key recognition for the push...
  18. Q

No. I have to place the key in the specific place in the center console under the arm rest.
  19. Q

Currently it is not working at all, but the door locks are working normal, when pushing the door button on driver or passenger side The keyless is now not working for almost two weeks. Usually the function came back to life after a long distance drive or a car battery charge. But this didn’t...
  20. Q

Thank you Peter Any idea where it is located in the car? I searched for a fuse dedicated to keyless but in the manual is nothing listed which could be for keyless.
  21. Q

I have to write to this issue again. The keyless entry / keyless go function is more or less completly dead. Even the keys on the key fob are not working. I checked and preplaced all the batteries (Car and key fobs) but this did not help. We have now an real key with key blade to open the driver...
  22. Q

Alternator free wheel / override clutch

Maybe I use the wrong words for this (I'm German). When you "block" the Alternator with a screwdriver you should be able to turn the wheel in one direction, the other direction is blocked: See this video (its in German but you do not need to listen). But of course not every alternator has this...
  23. Q

Alternator free wheel / override clutch

Dear all, Does anyone know, if the generator has a "free-wheel" or override clutch? I'm talking about the 3.5 TiVCT MY 2013. Thanks
  24. Q

Yes it happens at totaly different locations. At home in the garage, by my parents in law, at the local super market or at the stabel. Most parts are OEM and/or assembled since two years. But I have an USB Adaptor in the power outlet. I will remove it when I use the car the next time.
  25. Q

Hey Peter, yes I tried disconnecting the battery, but no luck unfortunately. Yesterday and saturday the key worked fine the whole day. On Friday the key worked the whole day, except once.
Back