Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Flashflood

What controls overdrive lock up?

Honestly it's not even pre say slipping it shutters when you push it to hard? Like almost oh your going to fast. Cause it was still able to down shift and pass people but then again it has been. A couple months ago since we drove it.
  2. Flashflood

Basically sometimes we have a check engine honestly haven't driven it just because of how bad the transmission fluid looked and how bad it was slipping when we drove it. But since we took on run last. I know for one thing the maf sensor is dirty cause of just the condition of the engine bay...
  3. Flashflood

Yeah I've mentioned it a couple times but trying to find parts and m5od-r1 for it. I think he just wants to keep the automatic in it. So nothing to do with the valve body damn okay.
  4. Flashflood

So long story short I had 5r55e in a 2000 ltd that the torque converter lock up no longer worked and in term caused major damage. Now my parents 94 aerostar is having the same problem with the torque converter lock up not working and causing problems. My question is also what controls that? VB...
  5. Flashflood

2000 Eddie Bauer restoration, only to become a donor...

I wish I could find a 5.0 in that kinda shape up here. Lol
  6. Flashflood

2000 Eddie Bauer - need 2 OEM chipped keys cut (Masters)

Do you have an original chip key? If so break it so you can get at the chip and stick to the bottom of the tumbler than go get to non chip keys made.
  7. Flashflood

5r55e valve body interchangeability

Soooo. I know the titles a little vague, but here me out I just put a new reman valve body in the ltd I'm scrapping now our a4ld is starting to slip is it possible to use the 5r55e valve body on a a4ld?
  8. Flashflood

Adding cruise back in?

As far as know all the wiring is still there? Cause the column/horn pad was never changed. Unless changing from an auto to a stick loses that capability, my thought is maybe its got something to do with the switched out master cylinder to one from the dual cailper rangers. Idk I'm just trying...
  9. Flashflood

big Tires on stock 7" mags.

If you have good suspension, you can easily fit a 32 on a stock rims. The only problem may have to do a little clipping, but that's honestly no big.
  10. Flashflood

Is there anyway to check if recalls have been completed long ago?

I would still honestly replace those, they are 20+ years old so they maybe worn-out. Honestly, it's not that hard to do. i just had problems with mine cause they were probably in there so long. 27mm and great big extension and breaker bar.
  11. Flashflood

Hmm so maybe just taken care personally. You know oil changes done at home. I kinda don't like those people that don't mark it down. But very interesting at the sketchy report
  12. Flashflood

Big thing do you know what engine you have? If it's a sohc I would just bring to local shop and put manual tensioner in it. If it's a ohv you really don't need to worry. To add to the recall bit look at master cylinder if it's got a plug at the top another recall has been fixed.
  13. Flashflood

I believe I spotted a new Timberline - Pics

Honestly I hate those orange accent rims. They look ridiculous saw it on a Maverick tremor and I'm like "Really". I wish they would paint all the spokes orange not offset. Oh well 🙄
  14. Flashflood

Transmission Longevity Tips

I'll add my 2 cents in. 15. In town keep overdrive off this helps with it not locking the trouge converter up on short trips. 16. If you check your valve body make sure to check your connectors and wires. That's how mine went. 17. Almost all ford automatics have there reverse and overdrive bands...
  15. Flashflood

Adding cruise back in?

Okay so the 94 we've got is converted from a auto to manual. It has a bunch of upgrades to the axles and everything with disc's brakes in the rear and so much more. I was wondering though the factory cruise no longer works I was wondering the process of how to add it back in... or is one of...
  16. Flashflood

Fitting an 8.8 differential in an Aerostar.

What years?
  17. Flashflood

Excuse me pops
  18. Flashflood

Okay so was working on dad's van yesterday and found out the rear axle in that thing is almost trash needs and entire rebuild. I was wondering how hard it would be to put an 8.8 from a 2nd gen under there have one in nice shape just sitting.
  19. Flashflood

2023 Ford Explorer XLT won't shift out of Park

Oh sorry 2020 fusion sel lots of parts similar to 6th gen. Also i turned it off in my dad's 2020 ranger as well no problems. Just spitting my 2 cents into probably not with also a bunch of people turning that off. Just thought this maybe my issue lol. Nope.
  20. Flashflood

2023 Ford Explorer XLT won't shift out of Park

That hasn't effected me any and I've had it off around 6 months after getting my vehicle hmm strange.
  21. Flashflood

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

I got full set rancho on the for sale section barely used. Would highly recommend.
  22. Flashflood

Getting the most out of what I have

They where 32x10.50r15 all my dad project aviator had to is the torsion twist and rear shackles. Also just trim a little bit of crash bar but it drove just fine. I'm sure if you do the same your tire would fit.
  23. Flashflood

2020 Ford Explorer Transmission Issues

If it's been 2.5 years since the cooler was done and 70k miles. It's not the coolers fault, or Fords especially if it drove just fine for 2.5 years. If it didn't it's your fault for not noticing and not taking it in. But there's nothing we can do we're just people on the internet. Did you notice...
Back