Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

What type of range/fuel economy is the 3.0L 4wd getting?

When I got my 2015 Sport, it came off lease with 18,000 mi. The computer showed 16.9mpg as the average over the lease period. After 70,000 miles of tracking gas mileage through a computer program, entering every purchase, the average was 16.7mpg. So the Sport was replaced with a 2022 ST. Picked...
  2. W

Should I get a 2022 ST

The 2022 MSRP was $60,320 w/401A, co-pilot 360 and ST high package, twin moonroof, premium tech which included B&O, roof rails and white paint. I ended up paying $47,557 w/previous owner adding floor liners and keeping the roof rails for the 2023 he bought, and the dealer throwing in a counsel...
  3. W

Should I get a 2022 ST

Test drove it and bought it. 2022 white ST with just under 19,000 miles. Gold certified one-owner car. Looks like new. Now all I have to do is figure out all the new electronic stuff. Hopefully it will turn out to be as reliable as the 2015 Sport. Purchased that one as it came off a 2-year lease...
  4. W

Should I get a 2022 ST

Just totaled my 2015 Sport which I loved. Looking for a replacement I found a 2022 ST. Should I get it? Any issues I should know about? It seems to be the same car including the color as my 2015 just 7 years newer.
  5. W

How much off MSRP for ST?

If you are a Costco member, try using their program. They basically send you to the dealer offering the lowest Costco discount, discount below invoice, in your area. This is after rebates. You might be able to negotiate a lower price, but this is no haggle program. If nothing else, it will...
  6. W

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

Just replaced both sides today. I had the windshield replaces last June, 2018 and the glass man told me that some of the trim clips will break and that I may have to replace the trim. But only two clips broke on each side and they seamed to go back on tight. Well both came off at Interstate...
  7. W

Comparisons between 2014-2015 models vs 2016 and up Ford Explorer Sport

I have a 2015 which I purchased as a CPO 2 years ago. At that time, the 2016 was just over my price range and I liked the black and brown interior in the 2015 better than the all black 2016. This was my first car with a BI infotainment system and I really didn't place a lot of weight on the...
  8. W

2013 police interceptor misses/jerks

Driving home to Chicago from Florida the end of last month, my 2015 Sport started missing under load and acceleration, cruised just fine. Put in premium gas and a fuel injector cleaner and that seemed to stop the missing, but still no power. No codes showed up. Took it to the dealer this week...
  9. W

A9 SD card

Installed it yesterday. Just replaced the A6 card with the eBay A9 card while the car was running and it seems to work just fine. The system recognizes the new card as an A9 and everything tracts as it did. However, I have not as yet used for navigation. We'll see if there are any issues...
  10. W

A9 SD card

Just bought an A9 card off eBay a few days go. I'll let you know how it works in my 2015 Sport. Any tips on installation or do you just pop out the old and pop in the new?
  11. W

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Four days after getting the car back from the dealer while driving to work I got an alarm and notice of a steering fault and I should seek service now. Called, then returned to the dealer later that after noon. That was Friday; Monday I got a call that the steering rack was being replaced...
  12. W

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

I have a 2015 Sport with 34k miles and suffered the power steering loss along with traction control last Wednesday 200 miles from home while driving 65+. Managed to find a Ford dealer but they could not look at the problem for several hours. After the car had been off fro about 15 min. they...
  13. W

Interior Door panel issue / separation

Dealer repaired the separating driver's side panel and proactively pulled the passenger's side and stapled the trim in place all under the TSB. My steering issue was checked out with no problems found. Losing power steering at speed was no fun and having it all reset leaving no trace is worrisome.
  14. W

OEM Or Aftermarket Brakes? Recommendations.

Adding my 2 cents on pads, I have been using Disc Italia Hyper Ceramic pads on my 2009 Santa Fe, 2002 Saab Viggen and 1994 Miata all with excellent results. No noise or dust. Good progressive braking. 50K plus on the Santa Fe. Basic Brembo rotors for the Santa Fe. Mid-price slotted for the...
  15. W

Interior Door panel issue / separation

I have the separation problem on the driver's door of my 2015 Sport. Called the dealer 3 weeks ago to see if a repair was covered under the extended CPO coverage and was told not it was only covered under the original warranty. A friend who is a body shop tech at a Chevy dealer told me how to...
  16. W

Joining the Explorer community

Hi Explorer owners. I have 2015 Sport I purchased last year not only replacing my daily driver, a 2002 Saab Viggen, but also to be our new highway trip curser replacing a 2009 Santa Fe. So far, aside fro some wind noise above 70, the Explorer has been all I was looking for. However, yesterday...
Back