Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Door key lock doesn’t work

I just used a little jb quick weld and it's fine now
  2. J

Instrument cluster goes off when brakes are pushed

I have a 2005 ford explorer. When I push on the brake pedal the cluster stops working completely. When I let off th ed pedal it starts working again. Prior to doing this all the warning lights were flickering quickly and clicking. Please help.
  3. J

Door ajar light on

I recently had a issue with my 05 explorer where the keyless entry, the key FOB, power locks, all stopped working, and when you turn it off the accessory power stays on until the battery saver shuts it off. I tried trouble shooting the door accordians and found no breaks. Turns out the Centrak...
  4. J

05 Explorer XLT locked doors and battery dead

Yes I did really great and informative. Traced it all and found no breaks figured out it is my CSM. going to get a new one install it and have Ford program it. Was able to fix the key lock the rod broke off the key, so at least I can unlock it now. Thank everyone for the help.
  5. J

I got a locksmith to break into the truck. Looks like there is a short in the door that has shut down the power locks. Gonna have to trace it out.
  6. J

No it's all stock
  7. J

There is only 1 key slot on the driver's door only. The key turns but nothing happens. All doors are locked so I can't get inside the truck at all. Key fob won't unlock any doors. Key pad won't even light up when typing code. Battery is fully charged. I pried the passenger and drivers doors out...
  8. J

Key doesn't work in the door. Tried using key pad and fob. Nothing. Pried door open and was able to push the power lock button again nothing. Battery is fully charged getting 12.7 volts but can't get in the explorer.
  9. J

Ok new issue. I managed to wriggle my fingers in the shroud and unlock the hood. I've charged the battery and I still have no power to my locks. I've checked all the fuses in the power distribution box and nothing. I still can't open my doors.
  10. J

My 05 XLT battery died last night and I believe it triggered the alarm locking the doors. I tried to open the doors with the key but it seems that it is electronic as well. I need to open the hood to charge the battery but can't get to the latch do to the shroud covering it. I need some help guys.
Back