Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Larger Sway Bars For Better Handling ?

Steeda does have a rear sway bar upgrade and I installed it about 3 weeks ago. Unbelievable improvement in stability of the car, especially cornering. It does firm up the ride a bit, but not to the point of being harsh. Greg9933
  2. G

rechiping Livernois motorsport...

Marty - Livernois does not "rechip" the ECU, they change certain operating parameters within the ECU by way of programming changes. Each Livernois device is programmed to the individual car. A 3 bar MAP from a Livernois tune kit WILL NOT work unless you have the 3 bar MAP calibrated tune...
  3. G

Cabin Air Filter Replacement

With all due respect............if you have not physically inspected your filter, you might want to do so. My prior experience with my SHO - which had a 30k CAF interval, was that 30k was beyond nasty. I'm hyper aggressive with checking the CAF because my wife is a terminal cancer survivor and...
  4. G

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

As Peter says, no surprise. I mentioned in my post last October, this Hankook tire is an Ultra High Performance passenger car tire. It has no business being on an SUV such as our Explorers. For those who are fortunate enough to get good service out of them, that's great. For many, the tread...
  5. G

Replaced the stock Sony speakers

I am wondering if the speakers are common across the line, or if the optional Clear Phase/Live Acoustics system would have different speakers? Reading the Sony (not Ford) information on the system design, I am inclined to think there may be variations. Anyone know?
  6. G

2019 Ford Explorer Sport Questions

My 2018 Sport, there was no change to the 2019 other than a couple of colors, the mirrors are heated. Peter is correct as he usually is, the DRL's (at least on a US car) are a seperate circuit from turn signal. With that said, I think it is important for all of us to keep some perspective...
  7. G

Noisy Tires 26k miles

An important note - it is the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza that Mr. Cannon is referring to. Dueler is a fairly common tire reference in the Bridgestone line up, there are a number of model variations. Greg9933
  8. G

How To: Rear Dome Light LED Replacement

Mr. Cannon is partially correct. Regardless of what the manual says, the lamp in the left rear cargo area, near the bottom of the panel, is a 211 incandescent. Mr. Cannon is incorrect, however that every other interior light is LED. The front console overhead map lights are incandescent. A...
  9. G

Peter - how do I upload a photo? I am not the sharpest pencil in the box with this tech stuff...

Peter - how do I upload a photo? I am not the sharpest pencil in the box with this tech stuff! Greg9933
  10. G

2018 Sport Exhaust tip change

Brian - I actually just had a cat back system installed by a local shop here in Portland, this may help you out - The stock pipe was 2.1" internally, so an exterior measure of 2.25" is probably about right. We slightly enlarged the pipe to 2.50", then used a 2.5" inlet w/ dual 3.5 polished...
  11. G

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

If you take a look at Hankook's very own description of this tire, you will find it is targeted at high performance sedan and coupe's, sport utility applications are not even mentioned in the manufacturer's recommendations. Why Ford opts to use this tire as standard equipment is beyond me, it's...
  12. G

Livernois sales or discounts?

I concur with everyone here. Like Cannon, I transferred the Livernois package from my 2015 SHO to my 2018 Sport. Results are consistent with the changes seen in the SHO, which is to say, awesome. My only note would be I believe the original Calibrator module like Cannon and I have is...
  13. G

Transferring a Livernois Tune

I had mentioned in an earlier post - it may have been in the new member section - that I was in the process of transferring my Livernois Tune allocation from my 2015 SHO to my new 2018 Explorer Sport. For anyone in the same position, this is about as easy as it gets. Call Livernois, explain...
  14. G

Joining From Portland Oregon

Joining from Portland Oregon, actually jumping over from the Taurus SHO forum. New 2018 Explorer Sport for about a month now, just nudging 1800 miles. First change ups for me the Hankook tires, which are UHP passenger car tires, had to go. Those were changed off in favor of Bridgestone Alenza...
Back