Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Rear door folded, open while backing up.

So, right rear door is folded up from being open while backing up and hitting the house. my deductible is $1000. I found the matching part locally for $400 . Dare I replace it myself and save $800 and time/hassle of repair shop? Any pitfalls im not aware of? Seems like a bolt on job no? Thanks all.
  2. R

Help - Tips on How to reach the Exhaust manifold to head bolts?

I did mine on my '14, but it was the front mani/cat, not the rear. Kikinz24 commented in my thread about his rear mani/cat replacement on a '15. Follow link here. Maybe you have to get crafty with your socket wrench extensions and a universal joint at the end to get access to a tight spot for...
  3. R

Noticed coolant leaking, reservoir empty.

Well, its pouring rain, but I did my best to get out there and look. From the bottom its definitely seeming to come from the area behind the alternator. At one point awhile ago I was able to use my mirror and look at that stupid weep hole. I can't seem to find it now. Go figure. I guess I gotta...
  4. R

Thanks, will do. Now where is my telescoping mirror on a stick?
  5. R

So, as the title says I was doing a bunch of front end work today. The new tie rod end solved the bonking noise I got when moving the steering wheel back and forth at a stop, which is great and a safety issue fixed! :hammer: I just noticed working in the dark finishing up here that there is...
  6. R

TPMS sensor frequency choice steel rims US 2014 XLT

Thank you both for the info. I was going to wait and take the sensors in, but when I noticed I was missing 1 on the steel wheels I bought I decided to just buy all new ones and install them before I get tires. I bought the TPMS19 button tool as well. Here's hoping all goes well once I get the...
  7. R

TPMS sensor frequency choice steel rims US 2014 XLT

I've bought 4 used wheels (steel) for my first dedicated set of winter tires this year. 2014 XLT. My vehicle has the TPMS sensors, but I'm not sure which frequency, 315 or 433 MHz. I am in the US and all 4 used rims had various brands of 315 MHz sensors. What sensor type should I buy? Is there...
  8. R

Help with remote start!!!

OP could barely describe their situation. Thank you for the clarification jmr061.
  9. R

Yeah, I can't really understand what was done, so solutions are evasive. It seems the ford dealer either sold him a key fob with 1 button to compensate instead of programming a proper 5 button fob, or they installed an aftermarket unit and this is the magic button for the aftermarket unit. Given...
  10. R

2 of the 4-button key fobs I mean
  11. R

Do you have 2 of them?
  12. R

If you're not going to describe your situation well or answer questions, no one here will be able to assist you. What does your actual key that goes in the ignition look like and how many buttons does it have?
  13. R

This post is so confusing. How does someone press lock or start on THIS single-button remote?
  14. R

You're doing it wrong. It's lock, start, start. Hold start down the second time!!!!
  15. R

There's one button on the picture you sent
  16. R

Don't ever go there again, bad dealer, bad. And reply to my post's questions above yours, I swear I can help.
  17. R

No problems, mate, just trying to get to the bottom of it. I've read several places that say to beware the aftermarket ones. The factory ones generally just work. Also, the dealers suck, a lot, and this doesn't mean yours is unfixable. Has it ever worked for you? This is important!!! Do you...
  18. R

I'd really like to help you, but referencing a 192 page installation document when someone asks what you've tested is not helpful, cynical even. What did you test? Describe your tests for us. Do you hear any chirps or anything when you do the remote start key sequence lock-start-start(hold)...
  19. R

What tests specifically?
  20. R

whats wrong with it?
  21. R

Steeda springs (555 8202) vs Sport explorer springs (DB5Z-5310-K) in my XLT with B6 install

The steeda rear sway bar really decreases the roll on turns significantly. My vehicle felt like a ride at the county fair on turns by comparison to now. It turns like a tank, dead nuts level at speed. I highly recommend it
  22. R

Steeda springs (555 8202) vs Sport explorer springs (DB5Z-5310-K) in my XLT with B6 install

I have the towing package, AWD, and heavy duty brakes. The part numbers were on my springs when I took them out, and as best I could determine, from a discontinued number, they are the Limited model springs from 13/14. I chose to re-use them because I spent so much on everything else and I...
  23. R

A/C Rear Line Leak

Seriously, I don't believe, based on amount of posts (look for yourself, does an individual account post this much, this often), and general tilt towards Ford favor (oh it wasn't their fault), that peterk9 is a single individual, retired in Canada, etc. I firmly believe "his" account is what...
  24. R

Rear Suspension Toe Link Recall

No, both the inner toe link welds and now the knuckle BJs have been identified as failure points at different times and made different recalls. fordtecmakeuloco had a YouTube video explaining the toe link recall quite well. The round metal tube surrounding the rubber bushing on the inside of the...
  25. R

Rear Suspension Toe Link Recall

Sunufabitch, You're right! The "fix" would be to replace the whole knuckle as the bushings wheel-side are in the knuckle. I just redid my rear suspension totally and replaced both knuckles because the bushings were all worn, bearings were going and were seized in there. They were $400-500 total...
Back