Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Just some cheaper ones off ebay, but they are pretty nice for the cost. 2011-2019 Ford Explorer 4dr 3" S/S Side Step NERF Bar Running Board Black 684758619877 | eBay
  2. B

Installed step bars yesterday, and now my 4 year old can climb in on her own. She loves it, and momma loves it too which is all that matters.
  3. B

2016 aftermarket tail light options?

Yeah I saw that in searching, but doesnt really help people with a newer model lol
  4. B

2016 aftermarket tail light options?

Does anyone know of any options available for the 2016's? I googled and searched here and have come up completely empty. Just seems odd that there would be nothing...
  5. B

Push Bar for Explorer

I am sure you could recalibrate or have recalibrated, but would likely be insanely expensive. Probably best to leave them as is and just drive using common sense instead of sensors haha...i swear how did people even drive back in the day?!
  6. B

Push Bar for Explorer

Yeah for now just using the center console button. Its a bit annoying but again my wife loves it and drives it most of the time so shes willing to deal. I do have the forscan cable just have to get around to that. Not sure if there is an option to turn parking sensors off always or not in there...
  7. B

Push Bar for Explorer

It will interfere with parking sensors, but just turn them off? Drive the vehicle like people used to lol. We just recently installed a Setina push bar on our 2016 sport and just shut the sensors off. I have no regrets and the wife loves it. Its actually her vehicle and shes the one who wanted...
  8. B

double honk disable/enable with FORscan

Ok thank you, I will have to hunt down someone local that has a laptop we can borrow for this
  9. B

There is honestly so much information on this that its a bit muddy. Can anyone give me a simple yes or no on if something like this in conjunction with my android phone ONLY would be able to modify to remove the double honk? Again, no downloading on a PC. ELM327 Obd2 Scanner WIFI Bluetooth...
  10. B

Any one know if changes can be made via an android phone and not a computer? Both mine and my wifes laptops are work computers and we cant download onto them. Really wanting to get rid of the double honk...
  11. B

Different options for center caps on 2016 sport wheels?

Just a heads up (and sorry the ride is so dirty but weather in the STL area has been horrible) but the raptor center caps do fit nicely in the sport wheels. I pulled a center cap and compared before trying and diameter is an exact match. The locking stems if you will appear to have a different...
  12. B

Some good, but mostly hilarious Explorer mods

Honestly if it were cheaper this is pretty cool IMO. Not sure what a good price would be, but would need to be sub $200.
  13. B

I ended up pulling the trigger on the raptor center caps since the whole set was $15. All the other sets were like $40-60. Figure if it doesn't work I'm only out a few bucks but if it does I feel I'll be happy with the swap. I'll be sure to post up either way with the outcome. 65 mm would only...
  14. B

Got it off eBay from China. Was an absolute fiasco getting it here though. Sat at ISC up in Chicago after clearing customs for ever and I opened a case to locate and everything then finally USPS shipped it back to China. The seller notified me and reshipped thankfully. Took almost three months...
  15. B

Also just found these which may work and be worth a few bucks just to try and see what they look like... 4x 65MM Black Auto Car Wheel Center Hub Cap Emblem Badge Decal Sticker for Ford 6924257718225 | eBay
  16. B

Wondering if something like this might work...OEM 2015-2018 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Wheel Center Cap Set of 4 Black Gray | eBay I did some research and its a 2.5" diameter cap which is exactly what the ExSport has (I went out and measured). They might look good on the sport wheels.
  17. B

So I found a stock image of what I am referring to. The center cap on the wheels has the blue ford logo and I would prefer black to match the badges I recently installed on the grill and rear of vehicle. Most everything is now black on our ride, and the blue just sticks out to me and doesnt...
  18. B

I sure hope so haha! We have some mudflaps coming in today that I am sure she will want to help put on when I get around to it. Also been toying with the idea of having the exhaust tip surrounds powder coated black so she could help me get those off too. Figure if I get her excited about it...
  19. B

Ok lets try this again, let me know if it works. I recently added a rear black stainless bumper protector (so easy my 4 year old could do it). Also, swapped out the blue Ford emblems for black ones. Again with the help of my 4 year old. It was rather simple to swap out and there have been...
  20. B

Hello all, Does anyone know of any options for different center caps on the 2016 sport wheels? I have a black sport and recently swapped the blue badges on front and rear for black and now want to get rid of the blue on the wheels as well but cant seem to find anything. I did a search on here...
  21. B

Strange because I can see it even with you using the quote the picture is in that. I just copied and pasted the picture so I am assuming that to be the issue, but I dont see an option to browse files to insert an image from my computer. Any help would be appreciated.
  22. B

This wasn't today but was recent so I will share. My 4 year old put on a black stainless bumper cover
  23. B

how to tap into headlight wiring 2016 sport?

I already have lights to install, just trying to hunt down the right wires to tap into in order to accomplish my goals. I THINK its a couple wires in the center console but not 100% sure.
Back