Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2001 EB 5.0

Hi, been forever! I bought this from a friend, it is dirty on the inside but has no rust and runs! I have an unusual question, does anyone else have one of those little voice recorders on their driver visors? It looks stock, same color as interior and is FIRMLY attached to the visor. The guy...
  2. J

Front wheel bearing replacement

I wouldn't do it. Have to assume you have a 2WD, and your races are still inside the rotors. Spend a little extra and get new rotors and replace entire bearing. If you are a decent mechanic with tools you can remove the old races with punches and a hammer and use the old rotors.
  3. J

98 horrific shaking

"Violently" and "out of the blue" shaking has only both happened to me in two situations. One the lug nuts had worked loose and it destroyed the rim pretty much, needed replaced. Second was freaky, was a bead problem. tire went inside the bead on one side (have never seen it before, not since)...
  4. J

Torsion bars and control arms

P.S. , I cut 2 torsion bars with a torch a couple weeks ago, they only moved slightly when the flame was finished.
  5. J

LOL you haven't seen my blocks of wood evidently you know me better than that. I have 12 X 12 railroad ties I use for this ain't no 2X4 in my collection.
  6. J

If you mean what I think you mean, unlike coil springs that fight you torsion bars are relatively mild. If you aren't used to working on a tbar front end you will be amazed at how little it moves. I've never taken lower arms off but ball joints and uppers all you have to do is take the tires off...
  7. J

2000 explorer 5.0 anything i should know

How many miles? I need another donor for a Ranger and TN vehicles are usually in better shape than OH vehicles... Enjoy your new ride. As with any vehicle that age you are a victim of how the previous owner(s) drove and maintained it. I've seen 5.0 explorers with 230,000 miles that ran and...
  8. J

Lean codes

Just looked it up, 56-72
  9. J

Lean codes

I'm more of a Ranger guy but shouldn't an 01 explorer carry close to 60 PSI fuel pressure?
  10. J

Blue Cluster and hvac controls

Groovy thanks for the info :) I did notice the difference on the cruise pods in price.They have 2 different part numbers,the blue is way more than the green even in aftermarket. The covers don't care what color it is any LED you put behind it shines through as that color (just like the 4WD...
  11. J

How to pull steering wheel?

Ditto, done 2 last week. The key is don't take the bolt out LOL or your face will suffer.
  12. J

'98 brake line replacement

Ugh hate to chime in late but the very easiest way to replace brake lines is to buy a roll. You will need a double flare tool like suggested earlier but I can run a line to the back of a Ranger or Explorer in about 10 minutes. Cut the line just above the fitting on the ABS and in the back...
  13. J

Blue Cluster and hvac controls

I gutted a 97 Mountaineer for a V8 Ranger project. The cluster, hvac controls, fog light switch, rear wiper control... all blue. I saw a 97 expo on craigs list and the night shot revealed blue lights. Did other year explorers come with natural blue clusters... was it an "option", was it...
  14. J

A ranger dude from Ohio

Awwwww thanks :)
  15. J

A ranger dude from Ohio

Groovy thanks for the welcome. Any place that sticks around long enough seems to gather more decent info than dust. Still poking around....
  16. J

A ranger dude from Ohio

Hi Guys, Ranger owner by soul (I have 4) but after the 10,347th time visiting here for info I figured I'd join. I have bought many expos and a mountaineer over the years, mostly for parts but I do love them. I drove a 98 expo with a 4.0 for about 4 years thing was awesome. So off to glean some...
Back