Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Alright guys time for my contribution to this thread. First attempt was with fabricated aluminum spacers 2cm front and back. Worked but the lift in the rear was more aggressive than front. So it was slightly tipped forward. You'd feel it when you're sitting. The real problem was that the ride...
  2. A

Of course that would happen my friend. The control arms are "pushed down" with the lift right? So they pivot and you get nasty positive camber. Just get them aligned. I wouldn't wait a day after install especially with an aggressive lift like traxda.
  3. A

12 Volt Solutions Remote Start Kit??

Could you let me know where's that link that shows where to plug the switch to the bcm. My dad's car is the same model as yours. Already enabled the remote start for him but need to put the hood pin in place. Help a brother out.
  4. A

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Yeah, sorry Peter, everyone. Here https://i.imgur.com/s6hKBqq.jpg Imgur
  5. A

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

I did this a couple of months of months a go. I agonized over where to mount it. Wanted to mount it as high as possible, within the grille of course as I'm going for stock look anyway. And I wanted it completely outside of any airways. Couldn't bring myself to cut an opening for it. It will not...
  6. A

Sorry posted before seeing this reply. Alright help me out here. Need to give it some ground clearance and improve the approach angle, while not affecting any suspension or drive train components. P. S I had no idea 1" spacer would lift more than 1"
  7. A

Could you help me out here? If I stay under 2", cv axles wouldn't go out prematurely you think?
  8. A

My lift is imminent guys. Need help, please. The shop will fabricate spacers for the car. I get to choose exactly how high. I was thinking around 1.75", some friends told me this would lead to sounds from the C.V joints. I just want to know how far I can go without straining the cv joints.
  9. A

How to: PTU Oil Change (Tons of Pics) 2016 Explorer Sport

Thanks Kay, I do understand and agree with what you're saying. Just my issue is that you are assuming I want to get a two word answer and act on in. I am someone who loves researching for sometimes tens for hours for a single project. Whatever you, or someone like yourself give me, will lead to...
  10. A

I even read the excruciatingly long thread "ptu problem" before asking directly.
  11. A

I go in well aware of this. I searched the forum as well as I could the forum before asking to avoid creating this experience for older member. Call it taunting call it hazing the new guy but saving someone a few hours of frustrating wandering is an act of kindness in my book.
  12. A

guidelines for the safest location to drill, relatively good clearance from the gears. helpfull followup from the same guy. I was hoping to find more helpful people around here. after all forums are made for sharing knowledge, not withholding it and taunting with it.
  13. A

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

was having the same issue, different airbag. I have a scan tool and forscan so I found exactly which airbag was giving me the trouble. it was the inflatable seat belt behind driver. Forscan pinpoints it. disconnected and cleaned with electronics cleaner which also solved it.
  14. A

You're right. And I am researching extensively before going through with anything. But it's a good place to pick up threads and know what to search for. Definitely not taking my drill to the PTU immediately just from word of mouth. I'm sure you could imagine this is not the only one thing I'm...
  15. A

car is already at 58k or so. so I guess should be no issue adding a plug then. I think I can safely drill and tap it. although I would love to get pointers from someone who knows where is the safest place to put it to avoid hitting one of the gears in there as the clearances in the ptu are so...
  16. A

read that thoroughly. As you said, it's extremely helpful and some good insight from the O.P . it only made me want to drill a plug hole for it more.
  17. A

Keith, definitely will follow the cx9 link and read the full thing, thanks man. Ok so I just finished what I wanted to do now. I went to a friend's shop and got under the hole and did it. The fill plug was absolutely full of metal sludge. Did not change the oil as it is synthetic motorcraft and...
  18. A

Kaygee, please check the last photo. Do you think this is the fill plug and mine has no drain?
  19. A

Keith, I appreciate the help. I attached the photo here Imgur This is the 3/8 plug. You say it's the fill plug not the drain? Anyone knows how to remove the vent that's directly latched onto the nipple without any hose? It's so tough.
  20. A

Kay, thanks for the help. I did get a clearer view and found my drain plug. It's a 3/8" not a 1/4 in this one. And I'm looking for a fill plug right now, since I found the vent nipple and it is just a nipple with a metal vent attached to it and I could not remove that vent at all. Must be a fil...
  21. A

That's what I'm doing right now, researching..... The unit does fail prematurely and I know personally a number of cars it did including my father's 2016 at 60k miles and a friend AR 70k Becsuse of the "lifetime oil" The photo does contain a plug. I just want someone who knows the ptu to tell...
  22. A

Thank you, Peter. Yes, good point. I don't plan on leveling or almost leveling the car like they did. light would be a real bad issue especially without the headlights leveling scroll.
  23. A

I know two guys from my local explorer club, who did a spacer lift one of them 3cm front and 1.5 cm rear, the other 2.5(1") front and 1 cm rear. the spacers are made of solid aluminum fabricated/ machined for the shocks and their mounts in shop. both of them said they heard no noises at all...
  24. A

Great post! Hello everyone, first post. sorry it's not in the new member forum. I've read dozens of posts so far and need to participate in this one. The PTU in this particular car will fail very early if we don't change the fluid very often like 15k miles or so. and as high oil quality s...
Back